Turn up the tunes in Florida and lose your ride

FL ***** with all these laws like this... most of the time it is in certain areas/cities though. Where I live, its still just a ticket that is like $78.50 or something. Im not sure what happens the second time.

I agree that everyone should not blare their systems at full tilt all the time, but when crusing down the road at 50 or 60 mph, I think it is ok to have it turned up more than usual. at stop lights, im sure it gets annoying for the car or 6 cars in front of me lol, but that is rare. I always turn it down when pulling up to a light.

Welcome to forever ago. Nothing new really. They had that **** in Florida years ago as well, as I was ticketed for a loud stereo down there a long time ago. They threatend me back then about impounding my car. Like I said, this was years ago.

I live in Ohio now and most of my life and when I was young and dumb I was ticketed a few times for my stereo. Matter of fact, the one guy made me unplug all my RCA's and rip my wires out of my amps for me not to be cited once. I did so, but all it took was 10 minutes to hook everything back up. Thank god for not ruining anything when I had to tug on some of those wires into my amp, because you know I always carry tools in my car.

They should impound people who crank rap because its obvious these people are trying to be @ssholes and show the system off/piss people off.

Im into car audio systems (obviously), I have a harley, and I use to live in Daytona for 12 years. First off, they RARELY bust people for loud pipes. Only on bikeweek, only for the income, they do not enforce it any other time of the year. They dont really care about anything but the once a year revenue.

Any law that is specific to car audio systems is discriminatory, which most noise ordinances these days seem to be. Is it a noise ordinance, or a 'we dont like your noise' ordinance? If NOISE is the problem, NOISE should be addressed, not car audio systems. Yes, as a Harley owner, I fully think bikes and stereo's should be placed on the same level as everything else. Hell even a transit bus can be pretty loud.

If you need to burp your bike's exhaust to get people to notice you, buy a horn. Having to accelerate to get noticed isn't very safe. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif But it does make a catchy slogan for tee shirts.

I don't goto Sarasota anyways //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Still, that's a pretty stupid law. I just wish they would ticket the inconsiderate douchebags and leave the other people alone.

Also, this law reminds me of a funny story. Back in '02 my buddy got a brand new Nissan Maxima and went for a drive down the beach. He was at a red light blasting his new stock Bose speakers and a horse cop cited him a ticket while he was in traffic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh:

its no different then those loud ass harleys and u dont see them getting towed
here in colorado, they tried to make a law against loud pipes. bikers are under just as much scrutiny as us car audio maniacs. there is one difference. most bikers make an attempt not to light up there pipes just to be obnoxious. i hear alot of morons with big subs who just bump anywhere at anytime with no regard for anything. they cause these laws to be considered. there may be a little discrimination against us, but bass heads caused alot of it by being stupid.

well one thing in defense of the loud motorcycles (most of them) arent blaring vulgar music... like the biggest stereotype about car audio. Then again, look at half the songs with the best bass... they arent exactly good lol.

here in colorado, they tried to make a law against loud pipes. bikers are under just as much scrutiny as us car audio maniacs. there is one difference. most bikers make an attempt not to light up there pipes just to be obnoxious. i hear alot of morons with big subs who just bump anywhere at anytime with no regard for anything. they cause these laws to be considered. there may be a little discrimination against us, but bass heads caused alot of it by being stupid.
exactly what i was thinking.

some township's around here trying to pull the same sh*t but i say F*ck it. Cause i know mostly where all cops hide around here anyways lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.