Two prong Rocker Switch Help please

thatguy12
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i want to install two of these radioshack rocker switch for my two voltmeters. a few qustions; is this type of switch a ground interupter? it just makes a connection? most rocker switches i read about have three prongs, the ones i have only have two. also i want to moniter both my highs amp and bass amp with two separate volt meters, or is that useless as both will always have the same voltage? also this rocker switch case makes zero sense to me when i look at it, if anyone has used them let me know how you mounted them.

this is the back side.

also, for this voltmeter can i just hook it up with one of the positives on my amp or amps? or go to the rear batteries?

been looking at this rocker switch and its already upsetting me lol. i dont understand how your supposed to mount it. i also noticed theres only two prongs but three slits on the back.

That switch is single pole single throw it merely breaks connection to one wire. As far as mounting i cant really tell from the picture but that larger piece will mount up with screws and then the actual switch should fit into that somehow. As far as the meters i would wire them at the amp thats where you want your readout to monitor your amps voltage.

That switch is single pole single throw it merely breaks connection to one wire. As far as mounting i cant really tell from the picture but that larger piece will mount up with screws and then the actual switch should fit into that somehow. As far as the meters i would wire them at the amp thats where you want your readout to monitor your amps voltage.
kk i will just put it on the voltmeter ground

you have two options of mounting. one is use the mount it came with. The idea is two screws at the top of the panel holds it up under the dash. You can see the two notches for the screws. The second is make you own hole the same size as the one on the mount it came with. You will also have to notch the hole to fit the alignment protrusion on the switch itself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.