what impendence am i acheiving that a 49-51 hz tone?

Dirtrider4eva
10+ year member

√\_The CaUsE__
basically,

i have a box. its tuned to abbout 48 hz, for more daily, but when i compete, i want to change running my sub from 2 ohms to half ohm, and with rise and at a specific hz, i should be at 1-2ohm ideally.

i know certain tones create different impedence, and thats why i want to know how to get it tuned ever so right.

my sub can be run at .6 ohm, then with rise of box, maybe 1 0hm, but what about after the impedence of a tone?

what does that change to?

My Bass Box software graphs system impedance over the entire response curve. I have never checked to verify the accuracy of the graphs though.

you're understanding is a bit off.

the impedance of a sub (or speaker) looks like this:

KenwoodKFC-XW10dB_1.jpg

to know the impedance of your sub at each frequency, buy one of these:

Dayton Audio WT3 Woofer Tester

impedance changes with, temp, wattage, volume, box size, air density, suspension stiffness, music type, ect. ect.

there is no way to tell what impedance you will sit at as it is always different, you could drop under .6ohms for all we know. Boxes do not raise impedance they drop it. A driver running free air can spike 20-30ohms depending which speaker it is.

tuning is pretty high for a daily set up. Where does your car peak at? Dropping final load shouldn't change your peak.

You going to Madison this Sunday?

impedance changes with, temp, wattage, volume, box size, air density, suspension stiffness, music type, ect. ect. there is no way to tell what impedance you will sit at as it is always different, you could drop under .6ohms for all we know. Boxes do not raise impedance they drop it. A driver running free air can spike 20-30ohms depending which speaker it is.
Then why is it called box rise and not box drop lol

it's still dirty clipped power so still pointless. It's good if you wanna see smoke that's about it. It's also why some woofers take so long to blow and people claiming huge power from the socket and not blowing they are only using rated impedance not actual to figure out their power usage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dirtrider4eva

10+ year member
√\_The CaUsE__
Dirtrider4eva
Milwaukee, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date