what impendence am i acheiving that a 49-51 hz tone?

Nobody in here has the ability/software to model the effect of your vehicle to whatever enclosure you have. Giving them a speaker model, a box volume and a tuning frequency is like trying to guess the answer to a 70 word Confucianism on Wheel of Fortune with only 3 Chinese characters exposed. You can't get a "answer", you can do what some have suggested though and use a WICKED meter to measure immediate impedance.

Nobody in here has the ability/software to model the effect of your vehicle to whatever enclosure you have. Giving them a speaker model, a box volume and a tuning frequency is like trying to guess the answer to a 70 word Confucianism on Wheel of Fortune with only 3 Chinese characters exposed. You can't get a "answer", you can do what some have suggested though and use a WICKED meter to measure immediate impedance.
i suppose your right.. thanks.. im assuming the meter is pricey.

Actually I am close..

I do own L.E.A.P. 5.. I just do not own all the measuring equipment to get the answers i need to plot it out in L.E.A.P.

By the time I did that, I could have competed for 2 seasons.

How are you calculating the effects of kinematic viscosity, (velocity profile in general), resonant impedances, phase of impedance and impedance effects of geometry of trunks, hatches, rear seats, rear window and seating location?
Well, it has to be generalized in car audio as the space required for any low frequency operation is much larger in respect to wavelength. But basically, I have all of my information in excel. I have all of my formulas and such that when I calculate for my values, I can figure for which direction to go with physical dimensions and such to control each of those factors. Each profile I have, I calculate for 20 different listening positions and get different response curves from each position. I use that to calculate the difference in each location to account for loss and gain in the vehicle. Regarding seats, tunks, windows and such, I use the understanding of frequency dependancy vs shape of the areas, in which each freqeuncy will have it's own characteristic to say, wrapping around a seat, and affects the output gain independantly of the others. And for windows, and other factors, those are figured as a dampening factor when closed, or part of the acoustical suspension and compression chamber when open. The thing is, again, this has to be generalized because LF response is way to large to not have resonances in which these factors have a lower sensitivity to the environment when such a space is utilized. It is more important in larger acoustical areas, but still is calculated for with losses and such in the vehicle for a better idea of whats going on. In a normal design, the basic diemnsions are the most important, and factors other than resonance propagation and dampening are less a factor due to the amount of compression within the "chamber" of the vehicle. Each resonance has it's own characteristic, in which it has its own response curve, just as the ear does, so each one, up to 20 positions are done for a general response curve of the vehicle with high regard to compression and reflections, and nominal regard to diffraction.

LOL I like that.

It can be done, but to get it perfect is not possible as everything is its own imperfection, but optimum response curves can be figured, yes. It's a matter of understanding what each physical characteristic in the environment will have on the response. It has been tested on what happens to sound at individual frequencies for each type of propagation, and the toughest part is figuring for not just the curve of the pass band, but the actual output in terms of dB levels. This is the toughest part, but based on distance, time, and pressure expansion and loss, it is possible. And yes, for each frequency has to be done, not all at once, like a program will do for you. This is tough to grasp, when we do not explain the exact reason WHY it's possible. And For what I have done to be able to get vehicle response curves, has been explained in full......but has taken over 5 books, and 10 years of trial and error and testing from myself and others, along with school and military training. Im sorry I cannot put it in a post.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dirtrider4eva

10+ year member
√\_The CaUsE__
Dirtrider4eva
Milwaukee, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date