What is the loudest SPL EVER recorded????????????????????????

in air somewhere between 187-200 db air will be moving faster than the speed of sound so i would think we would hear a sonic boom lol
at 190 something in Earth's atmosphere the soundwave turns into a shockwave
"Furthermore, if a noise source is louder than 194.09 db or faster than the speed of sound most of its fundamental characteristics become mathematically non-linear. Then the air no longer behaves as sound but more like shock waves or sonic booms, which for very complicated reasons are hard to estimate. "

Source: http://www.makeitlouder.com/document_bombshockwaveestimation.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Plus one. Works in as small of a box as .7 cubic feet sealed. Also had mine in a 1.75 cubic foot box ported to 36. ****** slammed. Only thing was...
Let me know if you still have these? Ill take them!
I mean if your wanting to go cheap and you like making things i guess you could always make your own , is all you really need is a DMM a...
Excellent place to get a Tuned enclosure with everything Precut and ready to put together with a Diagram of each sheet Marked. $190 bucks. All you...
You're not going to know until you test with a meter. Typically even carpeting a box as opposed to painting is going to lose a few tenths.

About this thread

supraman1379

10+ year member
Lifted 03 HEMI
supraman1379
Ocala, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date