What is the loudest SPL EVER recorded????????????????????????

didnt Crackatoea (i know the spelling is wayyy off but its that super volcano that blew up in the 1800's and blew up the whole island)
make the loudest sound ever recorded when it errupted
so if they blew up the whole island...how did they get the reading?

They had TL meters in the 1800s?...lol....when looking also see how they can relate it to current terms....how they calculated their number

On August 27, the volcano entered the final cataclysmic stage of its eruption. Four enormous explosions took place at 5:30 a.m., 6:42 a.m., 8:20 a.m., and 10:02 a.m., the last of which was worst and loudest. Each was accompanied by very large tsunamis believed to have been over 30 meters (100 ft) high in places. A large area of the Sunda Strait and a number of places on the Sumatran coast were affected by pyroclastic flows from the volcano. The explosions were so violent that they were heard 2,200 statute miles (3,500 km) away in Australia and the island of Rodrigues near Mauritius, 4,800 km away; the sound of Krakatoa's destruction is believed to be the loudest sound in recorded history, reaching levels of 180 dBSPL 100 miles (160 km) away.[4] Ash was propelled to a height of 50 miles (80 km). The eruptions diminished rapidly after that point, and by the morning of August 28 Krakatoa was quiet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krakatoa

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

On August 27, the volcano entered the final cataclysmic stage of its eruption. Four enormous explosions took place at 5:30 a.m., 6:42 a.m., 8:20 a.m., and 10:02 a.m., the last of which was worst and loudest. Each was accompanied by very large tsunamis believed to have been over 30 meters (100 ft) high in places. A large area of the Sunda Strait and a number of places on the Sumatran coast were affected by pyroclastic flows from the volcano. The explosions were so violent that they were heard 2,200 statute miles (3,500 km) away in Australia and the island of Rodrigues near Mauritius, 4,800 km away; the sound of Krakatoa's destruction is believed to be the loudest sound in recorded history, reaching levels of 180 dBSPL 100 miles (160 km) away.[4] Ash was propelled to a height of 50 miles (80 km). The eruptions diminished rapidly after that point, and by the morning of August 28 Krakatoa was quiet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krakatoa

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
and how was this measured? you said it was in the 1800's?

i hear whats loud to the ear isnt loud to the meter. does this apply?

nothing against you bro...im just having a hard time believing it. its an estimate IMO.
idk, im sure it has to be in some way but regardless... i do belive it was the loudest sound in recorded history... the explosion was so big that the ash and **** ****ed up global weather for like 10 years... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

idk, im sure it has to be in some way but regardless... i do belive it was the loudest sound in recorded history... the explosion was so big that the ash and **** ****ed up global weather for like 10 years... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif
so these people are just catching random ash, and testing it to see if it came from the same area?

i hope it pays good

so these people are just catching random ash, and testing it to see if it came from the same area?

i hope it pays good
\
lol idk anything except that the big mountain made a big boom... read some in the link i posted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

alan dante on the term pro 180.5 legal cetified score is the loudest vehicle on the planet with 1 dd9918 and 4 stetsom 7k's in extreme 1
DB Drag Section 10 - World Records
10-2 World Records may only be set at Triple Point events and the dB Drag Racing World Finals.

10-4 To establish a new World Record, the competitor must beat the old record twice at the same event. The lower of the competitor's two record-breaking scores will be used as the new record.
not a world record yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hey John...Bruce came by today...you did an awesome job on his box...good job...I didnt know Scott never made it legal...I can't wait to hear your truck once you get it going again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.