what ya got

yea, lol, i am powering my mids and highs with a boss k580 1200 watt amp, (i know, i know not the best, for now) i would like to get either another 12, or mabey a 10 to put on the center console, what do u guys think? sound good? of course ill get another amp for the extra sub

10's seem popular now'a'dayz among the youngsters, I think I need to build a center console or gut the glove box and stick one in my cabin. But for now what I have is in my sig.

Well then i guess its good that belief isnt required for success.

Perfect example being Louis and Clark, if you (inhuman) even know who that is.

I still challenge you to bring your meter and see for yourself. I mean hell maybe their linear x was off...lol

Like i said i dont know or care, thats just a # to me, i just try my best to do things right the first time.

wow i though the W6 had more power handling then that
Old series W6 didn't have high power handling (displacement limited) or need a lot of power to do their job. Power was wicked pricey back in those days so efficiency and cabin gain were your friend. I was only running 800 watts to 6 of them and they didn't need any more.

well the box is simply a single chamber ~2.1 cub sealed. Its in the far rear of my car with the subs on a slight angle to the front of the car.
My skills would consist of...well my whole life, i've been doing audio stuff since i was a little kid, and my dads owns a counter top manufacturing company. I've been working there for about 10 years. Which means i get a lot of very good wood free. And not to brag but i can build anything. i wish car boxes were more challenging...lol

Anyway not to be a jerk but it doesnt really matter to me if you believe me because people usually dont, get your meter and come to Chico. Thats the only way you'll most likely believe me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Well, glad u don't need to here if we believe...b/c there is no way in hell i believe. two diamond cm3's and 1100-1200 watts...in a SEALED BOX at that. Ain't no ****ing way man...PERIOD...either that ain't right or they have an old AC might not a new LIN x. peace

NG

I can believe it...

f-body's are quite simple to get decently loud..

buddy of mine was getting a 137.2 from an re 8 SEALED, and 200 watts, in a T/A

and over 140 with a brahma 12 and 400 watts.. sealed..

the Cm3's are a rather potent woofer, teammate ran them..

F-bods do decently well with sealed enclosures.. the acoustical properties of the car enhance performance greatly..

but there's nothing special, or magical about it.. any body with half a brain can flop nearly any sealed box in there, and nearly any woofer(s) and yield results..

skill is when something takes that limited room, and does a ported enclosure, and still gets it loud...

Loyd L.

oh yah.. forgot the system...

Head Unit: Panasonic 802 Ghost

Front Stage: CDT Convertible 5.25"s

Front Amp: Coustic 320qe

Subwoofers: 18 RE 8"s

Box: 14.5 cuft w/ 170 sq inches of port

Tuning: 33hz

Sub Amp: Power Acoustik 2100d (1800 x 1 actual power)

Electrical: 200 amp Excessive Amperage Alternator

3 Everstart MAXX 1000ca batteries

all 1/0 ga wiring by Tsunami

dashpoddriverside.jpg

dashpodpassengerside.jpg

amp.jpg

wallofboom.jpg

Loyd L.

well.. where in Ohio do you live?

wishes can come true... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Loyd L.

well.. where in Ohio do you live?
wishes can come true... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Loyd L.
I live right near Cincinnati, in a city called Reading (like Redding) it's like 10-15 mins NE of Cincinnati...could always use ur constructional criticism on my setup too. peace

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

poundin s-10

10+ year member
poundin s-10
hayden
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from