1/2" MDF Box with 3/4" Baffle?

Participant count
  • Participant list

prodgod
10+ year member

Bored
I'm working on building a box which is very tight on space, so I was wondering if I could make a box made out of 1/2" MDF but use 3/4" MDF for the baffle. It is going to be around .5-.6 ft^3 for a single 10" sub running around 400 watts. It will also have another piece of 1/2" MDF mounted to the baffle to flush mount the sub.

It has a decent amount of small pieces to it because I had to design it to go around some body panels, so there are no real big pieces besides the baffle.

Would it be fine to use 3/4" MDF for the baffle and 1/2" MDF for the rest of the box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Damn, those Brickhouse subs are beefy! 4" coil and big power? Yes please!
just use riv-nuts or clip-nuts, made for blind fastening. some window weld should hold the ring on there pretty good..... being 4x6, you could...
I say go for it. Just add some kind of bracing to the bigger panels. Some old home speaker boxes were made of 3/8" mdf. Maybe not even mdf, some...
Yea. That's what I did. I mixed the glue with the dust from sanding and fill in the bigger holes. Then filled the rest with wood filler..works awesome
The it to a custom air brush guy and tell him what you want. You can always stain, plexiglass windows, and put led lights inside the box. Search...

About this thread

prodgod

10+ year member
Bored
prodgod
C-Town, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date