1 sealed box or 2 vented?

i have a decent amout of trunk space....but a very small trunk opening.

its a coupe and i would have to take bith front seats out to a dual ported box

go ahead and use two vented boxes if you cant fit one box for both. it wont make a difference if its in two seperate boxes or not

i can't see how you could fit two vented boxes and not one vented box....
maybe the opening for the trunk isnt big enough to fit it a box that big in there, but if he splits it up he can put one box in at a time

yeah...the tunk openings to small....but thats what i thought..but just wanted my sure

my friends have no idea what thier talkin bout..lol

but 2 smaller boxes will fit easy...just that wide a box wont fit in the opening

me = confused

can't fit sealed enclosure (the smaller)

but can fit 2 vented (bigger) ones????????????????

That's like saying I can't eat a 10 Oz steak in one meal, but I can eat 30 pounds of ham

If you do 2 vented boxes its a fail safe so if one sub fails the other doesn't suddenly get 2x the cubes also.
Twice the amount of space(AKA Resistance) AND the resistance of the other cone which is now acting like a passive radiator. I always try to chamber off my ported subs.

However, if you do use two vented, make all the cuts in one day, and get it all together in one day. Any slight warping has the chance of being disastrous.

me = confused
can't fit sealed enclosure (the smaller)

but can fit 2 vented (bigger) ones????????????????

That's like saying I can't eat a 10 Oz steak in one meal, but I can eat 30 pounds of ham
A 30"x16"x20" box is a LOT harder to fit into a trunk than a 15" x 8" x 10".

the dual ported box will fit in the trunk but not through the trunk opening...but if i made 2 single ported or a dual sealed they will fit throught the opening

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.