15" RD HW vs. 15" HDC3

If you mostly listen to rap then I'd tune to 35hz, so you're not playing below tuning all the time. I've built several boxes tuned to 35Hz for DD/AQ subs. Also consider going on the small side for the enclosure to increase power handling...
thats what I'm thinkin right now...well next time I go home I'm gonna build me a quick box thats about 3.5 cubes tuned to 35 and see how the one likes it with 2

im gonna guess and say that your electrical is not as good as it can/should be. when you turn it up, the voltage drops and all that power the amp puts out becomes very, very dirty. Thus, causing distortion and smell.
i dont think you simply have enough power to get them to stink with that amp.

i could be wrong but that's my guess. Realistically you are not getting 4000 watts out of the crossfire amp even if you run it at 0.5 or 1 ohm. My very optimistic guess, that after the imp rise and voltage drop you are gettting 3000 watts at best. Which is totally fine for a pair of these subs to handle.

my second guess would be a poorly tuned box.

I'm pretty sure my electrical is fine, with my ho alt I wouldn't drop below 13v, and without it I don't go any lower than 12v

the amp is rated at 12 volts too

as far as tuning....it should be fine. I use the same program as some others around here, and other boxes seemed just fine

but I am actually lookin for a new program that will work with vista, as this one now doesn't

I'm pretty sure my electrical is fine, with my ho alt I wouldn't drop below 13v, and without it I don't go any lower than 12v
the amp is rated at 12 volts too

as far as tuning....it should be fine. I use the same program as some others around here, and other boxes seemed just fine

but I am actually lookin for a new program that will work with vista, as this one now doesn't
hmm i dunno bro, beats me. but you shouldnt be getting the smell with that power.

Well in my experience, and are team torture tests everything, We couldnt keep RD together, They had to recone 50 subs or better at usaci finals. AQ reconed 0!, in are street beat 1 car he had RD HW and they kept blowing we used 1 aq and 1 rd for him to run, cause thats all we had, 9k per woofer, the rd hw locked up inside of 10 sec the aq lasted the whole 30 sec and was warm to the touch, and woofer still works to this day. Different woofers act different in different enviorments. I can assure you that in the right box the aq will do more than just stand up to the RD, it will show it a thing or two, We have tested with over 2200 to each of the sdc 2.5s with out a single failurer, its all in how you test, and taking care of things. 4 aq 10s and 4 3500s burp 161db, steet beat a real music song, not a tone at 159db. RD did well in the burp lanes, but in the street beat format, WON NOTHING DD/AQ won 1st, in sb 1,2, and second in 3 didnt, have a car in 4 or 5. Proof is in the pudding. Anyone want to test us?
Bruce I'll be your huckleberry. So get building.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

da box king

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
da box king
Portland, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date