15" RD HW vs. 15" HDC3

da box king
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Portland, MI
Lookin to do some trading with RE XXX and pick up his RD HWs. The hw will be ran off my crossfire vr4000d.

Do you think I will see a differance between the subs. I just think the RD's are gonna be able to take more.

Also what are the box recommendations for the RD's?

Lookin to do some trading with RE XXX and pick up his RD HWs. The hw will be ran off my crossfire vr4000d.Do you think I will see a differance between the subs. I just think the RD's are gonna be able to take more.

Also what are the box recommendations for the RD's?
Arent the rds aluminum coils to begin with? Just get the hdcs reconed with aluminum coils, and be done with it. I highly doubt you would gain anything..

I've had the aluminum hdc3's and didn't really hear a huge differance, I then reconed to copper hopin to be louder off the power
Yea you wont have a huge difference from switching coils, just a power handling increase.. I doubt you would gain much if any, but its youre money..

alpha is more comparable to the hdc, ive compared a 15: alpha to hdc315a and hdc318 to alpha with fw. all is about the same numbers in the same box of a aq 2200d

or atleast move more air

was thinkin of buildin a new smaller box, the hdc3's just heat up after about 10 min, and I want somethin to handle the power better

was thinkin of recoin to 18's

Aluminum coils should be able to handle 3k each sub... Can you fit 18s? Maybe a new box.
I can fit 18's no prob. Not neccesarily lookin for high numbers, since I don't do comps, but I want it louder to the ear and to move more air

or atleast move more air
was thinkin of buildin a new smaller box, the hdc3's just heat up after about 10 min, and I want somethin to handle the power better

was thinkin of recoin to 18's
I like the 18s idea.. I thought your woofers were the copper coils?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

da box king

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
da box king
Portland, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date