2 ohm and 4 ohm wiring?? noob help!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

dlg3413
10+ year member

so im bout to buy to sundown sa 10's from a friend. he bought them brand new. they r barely even broke in yet. only reason he is gettin rid of them is cuz they dont fit behind the backseat of his truck. the deal is just too good to pass up. $150 for both subs wen they r bout $200 each new. only problem is one is a dual 4 ohm an the other is a dual 2 ohm. wat r some of my wiring options?? im plannin on gettin the hifonics gladiator series 1400w amp from sonic with 0 awg power an ground wire. any opinions options feedback is greatly appreciated. this will be my first system so im gettin excited. thanks in advance

Dual 4 ohm speaker

Parallel; 2 Ohm

Seires : 8 Ohm

Dual 2 Ohm Speaker

Parallel; 1 Ohm

Seiries; 4 Ohm

Parallel both speakers together DVC 4 @2 + DVC2 @1 = 0.5 Ohm Make sure your amp can handle this.

Etheir way

electrically it can work, but power will not be evenly distributed to the subs. if one sub gets more power than the other, the result will not be worth the effort. you certainly wouldn't want them in the same box. just run one sub. if you want to run two, sell one and buy a matching pair. your friend is right to get something that matches.

one well done sub is plenty if you like music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.