2005 Scion xB SQ build (rebuild) Hybrid Audio/Alpine

Shinju
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Seattle
Hey all!

This is my build for this years Amature IASCA and USAC-I competition season!

I am doing a complete overhaul of everything in my toaster doing a true 4 way active system.

I am about 70% done, the front stage is in and all wired up. The deck/RUX are together and ready to be installed. I am still working on the mounting of the Processor and doing a false floor in the hatch for the amp rack and subwoofer .

Here are a few photos of what I have gotten done so far.

Gear list

Headunit

Alpine CDA-9885

Processor

Alpine RUX-c701 and PXA-h701

Front Stage

Hybrid Audio Techologies Imagine 6.5 set and Legatia 3" drivers.

Sub Stage

Hybrid Audio Techonogies Imagine i10sw single driver in a sealed enclosure .

Amplifiers

Alpine PDX 100.4

Alpine PDX 100.4

Alpine PDX 1000.1

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

WP_000040.jpg

WP_000044.jpg

425264_2692743923114_1392008737_2017855_1341633049_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Saved!

More photos later.

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Saved...

cool start. i like the speaker baffles. you may want to seal up the dash speakers, the gaps around may likely cause phase interference. the H701 is so flexible, you'll enjoy tweaking each driver separately.

cool start. i like the speaker baffles. you may want to seal up the dash speakers, the gaps around may likely cause phase interference. the H701 is so flexible, you'll enjoy tweaking each driver separately.
Thanks!

Going to seal them up with some acoustic foam, it is a pretty tight fit between the baffle and stock grill. I am open to other suggestion though!

Looks very nice so far. I'd imagine that car is a bit of a dream for imaging, just being so symmetrical. Any plans on spheres for the tweets?

And I got a little sexually excited at the site of that Red Hook Extra Strong Bitter.

The Alpines look gorgeous!

Curious why you went with Fat Mat though? I've heard a bit of mediocre reviews from them?

Also, the techflex is gorgeous //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Fatmat was priced right and I have never had any issues with it. It has been used in 2 other cars I have had a hand in recently and never had any issues other then cut fingers!

As for the tweeters I might recess them into the pillar and hide them but for now they are as you see, I will be cleaning up the install on them as soon.

Fatmat was priced right and I have never had any issues with it. It has been used in 2 other cars I have had a hand in recently and never had any issues other then cut fingers!
As for the tweeters I might recess them into the pillar and hide them but for now they are as you see, I will be cleaning up the install on them as soon.
Fair enough. I suppose as long as you have used it before with no problems, why not continue!

So no plans for spheres/pods for the tweets? Just curious cus I've heard people raving about them for SQ oriented set-ups haha. They certainly do look nice in the pillars now though.

great install so far. I bet this will sound very good when you are done. I agree, anything you do to get your tweeters more on axis is only going to help how it sounds.

Thanks for the compliments!

About the tweeters, Mine are going to be dialed way down (power wise) and running upwards of 8-10k for ambient fill. My 3's will be doing the majority of the work and I was told from a Hybrid TM that if I really wanted to I could just run the 3 and 6.5 with no tweet.

I am trying to keep the car stock looking inside as possible. I do like the Orb Idea but since this is my daily driver and with huge balls on my pillars would scream OH A SYSTEM IN HERE, When I am done the pillars/tweeters will be pretty stealth.

My tweeters were originally in the dash and I had amazing depth and image and I scored really high on those. If it ***** and I can always change it later! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Only update was putting modeling clay (Thanks Keep_Hope_Alive for the idea) around the gap's of the baffle to try and minimize airflow around the speaker. There is not really anything I can do about the 5 holes for the grille mount. I am going to get some black felt fabric and cover the baffles to clean them up some.

I will be doing some more updates over the week and a lot of work this weekend!

WP_000050.jpg

Shoulda got AT bruh bruh. I was thinking that having those 3inch drivers bouncing off the dash like that could cause issues on the higher fequencies, also curious as to how they will play out with the tweeters there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.