2006 Mustang GT Droptop (with pics)

Rochambeau
10+ year member

Pudding is good.
Well, after nearly a year since first buying the car, system is fully installed, fully tuned and sounds fully freaking awesome. Big thanks to Speakerworks in Orange, CA for their outstanding job at re-doing a really, really bad install that I had done at a cheapo shop. Folks, it's been said a million times but still remains true: You get what you pay for.

The plan was a basic re-install of everything the other shop did. Even if I didn't know of any problems (like with the alarm) I told them to reinstall it all to find every last screw-up the other shop did. So if it looks a little plain jane compared to the flashy stuff some of y'all do, that was the order. I simply had no more $$$ to go hog-wild on the install, so basic was their marching order.

Equipment list:

Alpine:

IVA-W200 double din DVD w/touchscreen

PXA-H701 processor

NVE-N872a nav system w/XM Traffic & voice control

CHA-S634 6-disc changer

PDX 1.1000 sub amp with 1124W per the birth sheet

PDX 4.150 bridged to 314W per channel for the front stage

PDX 2.150 pushing 171W per channel to the rear fill

Boston:

Two G512-44 12" subs getting 500W+ each @ 4 ohms

A pair of Z6s mounted coaxially in the factory mounting locations in the doors

A pair of SL80s providing the rear fill

Motorola IHF-1000 voice activated Bluetooth hands free kit

80gig iPod filled to the brim with Apple Lossless rips of most of my CD collection, roughly 2,600 songs

Backup camera

Two 1.5 farad caps

Optima yellow top with wire upgrades

1/0 wire to the distrib block, 4ga to the amps,

12ga to front and to the subs, 16ga to the rear

a 2-way paging alarm, details are classified //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Doors completely deadened & sealed, trunk completely deadened as well. (They were supposed to take pictures while it was being installed, but forgot. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif )

Anyhow, for this thread, I'll only show the good. The bad and the ugly I will save for the review I am gonna give the original shop in the review section of the forums.

First, the car: 2006 Ford Mustang GT Convertible

img9028ea8.jpg

Head Unit: Alpine IVA-W200 + PXA-H701 (not shown) Note the flush mounting, had 3 different shops tell me that it wasn't possible with this head unit. This proves that they were wrong.

img9562yj5.jpg

Note the Motorola IHF-1000 hands free kit and the super clean install of the Voice-Activation button for the Alpine NVE-N872a nav unit. Also, towards the bottom, the alarm LED is in an unused button next to the AC button, first shop told me it couldn't be put there.

img9560yz0.jpg

The trunk was gonna be a challenge because, being this is a Mustang convertible, there is not much room. In that tight trunk, they had to get two 12" subs, a CD changer, a Nav system, a processor, three XM boxes (XM radio, XM NavTraffic and XM digital adapter), two caps and three amps. Even more problematic was the fact that it seemed next to impossible to get enough venting to keep the air pressure from blowing through the trunk lid seals causing a horrible buzz (yes, ladies & gents, the car was farting with every bass hit).

So they installed the sub box where the spare tire was and then sort of 'horn loaded' all of the air right through the rear seat (without modifying the rear seat one bit). The result was ultra clean look and great sound. And so much bloody bass that I keep it turned down to between 4 and 6 (of a possible 15) lest I shake my fillings loose. Actually those are the settings I use for rock & jazz, when I wanna bump I go to about 8 or 9 which gives me enough sound pressure to make your scalp tingle and make you a little dizzy.

img9524ug9.jpg

I love the way they did the amps...

img9550rl6.jpg

CD Changer & Nav, the custom trunk mat is slightly out of place in this shot causing it to ride up on the nav unit. It actually looks pretty clean normally.

img9549bw0.jpg

Under the hood:

img9574dg8.jpg

My plans are to add midbass in the factory sub enclosures in the doors, go 5.1 surround and maybe add some staging tweets to bring the stage up a little bit.

But first, I gotta finish paying off what you see here.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

Not lacking on cash obviously.

Caps aren't really but looks pretty nonetheless. Love the install though.

Decent choice of gear. Packing major sound for a sports car...

Makes me jealous. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif With that said, How much did all the items and the install total at?

Not lacking on cash obviously.
Caps aren't really but looks pretty nonetheless. Love the install though.

Decent choice of gear. Packing major sound for a sports car...

Makes me jealous. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif With that said, How much did all the items and the install total at?
Just under $16K

16k????? WoW........ aslong as your happy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

**** not lacking on the cash is right. jeeze nice install man im also not a fan of the caps either but looks pretty good over all i would of chose a diffrent subs though but that's just me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.