2010 Honda Accord - Active Hertz Hi-Energy XL, HDP5, HX300D, Audison Bit Ten, & iPod

Participant count
  • Participant list

NFrazier
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Products that are being installed:

Mounted the fuse holder to the factory battery bracket. The power wire was loomed and heat shrunk to be as stealth as possible.

Next I ran all of the wiring following factory harnesses on each side. The wires were zip-tied approximately every 6". The power wire was ran through a gromnet I installed where the factory clutch would normally be.

The client wanted the most space in his trunk. I mounted the HDP5 and Bit Ten underneath the rear deck. We were deleting the rear speakers and factory woofer utilizing the HDP5's fifth channel to power the HX300D (phase 2). The amplifiers were bolted in place so they were secure. All the wires zip-tied and connections to the Bit Ten were all soldered and heat shrunk.

Next I moved on to the doors. Slight modification was needed to house the much larger mid-bass drivers. First I removed the factory vapor barrier. I used the client-supplied Stinger Roadkill Expert to dampen the outer door skin and the inner door skin. I then sealed up the door using 1/4" Dynaliner. I then fabricated 1" spacers out of ABS and used Roadkill over them as well.

After the mid-bass driver was mounted I used Sound Connections' F.A.S.T. foam speaker rings to try to acoustically couple the speaker to the door panel to make sure you get every bit of output of the speaker instead of it bouncing around in the door. I test-fitted and trimmed appropriately.

Then I moved onto the tweeters. The factory location was good, but need a little better aiming. I used Sonus's products to fabricate the pods to house the HT28 tweeters.

Miscellaneous Sound Proofing:

Rear Deck

Trunk Lid

Finally I installed an iSimple kit so the client could use his iPod on his factory radio. This gave full control, text, and charging. I also ran the USB from the Bit Ten into the center console for ease of connection (and supplied a USB extension to connect to a laptop). The vehicle was tuned via an RTA to get a somewhat flat response.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.