$300 budget for amp, sub, wiring, and box

Jakerrr
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Im helping a friend on getting his first sub. I've been metered at the headrest on tl 128.xx db with my old sub, pathetic I know but it was a single 8 on 250 watts. That's the only set up he's heard and he thought it was great at first but i know he wants loads more, as do I. I got my sa-15, zx1000.1, custom box, and wiring for $520. But I know he's gonna want as close to that in terms of loudness as possible. I was thinking:

Amp: Audiopipe APSM-1300 2000W Mono Mini Amplifier : APSM1300 : $108.95 : VMInnovations.com

Box: custom ported or sealed? I know ported is much much better but price is an issue and idk if he can build himself.

Wiring: best would be 1/0 awg but 4 awg probably for budget purposes. Also: big 3 yes or no?

Sub: so many options. anything decently cheap, d2 that can handle 1000 wrms, or d4 that can handle 600 rms.

What do you guys suggest?

300$ is going to be tricky... it would help if you could find that AP amp used. Its cheap as it is, but if it were even cheaper.. it would help.

BTW, an 8 AFAIK can really do some work. Im putting 3 SA 8s in my car within the next week.. hope its loud.

Would a SA 10 or SA 12 handle 1000W RMS daily?

300$ is going to be tricky... it would help if you could find that AP amp used. Its cheap as it is, but if it were even cheaper.. it would help.
BTW, an 8 AFAIK can really do some work. Im putting 3 SA 8s in my car within the next week.. hope its loud.

Would a SA 10 or SA 12 handle 1000W RMS daily?
i will be running 1k rms daily with 2 sa12s and i see no problems why they shouldnt be able to handle the power

i will be running 1k rms daily with 2 sa12s and i see no problems why they shouldnt be able to handle the power
Build a box I can supply a design and cutsheet materials would be about $50 max. I'd suggest getting something like an SA15 about $240 shipped new if you can get one for $150-200 used that would help. Then just buy a used AP1000.1D for like $50. Thats $340 a little more but man it's almost impossible to get a loud system for $300 brand new that actually bumps and sounds good. But I gaurantee 1kw + SA15 + custom box which I can design will = loud.

Build a box I can supply a design and cutsheet materials would be about $50 max. I'd suggest getting something like an SA15 about $240 shipped new if you can get one for $150-200 used that would help. Then just buy a used AP1000.1D for like $50. Thats $340 a little more but man it's almost impossible to get a loud system for $300 brand new that actually bumps and sounds good. But I gaurantee 1kw + SA15 + custom box which I can design will = loud.
That's the set up I have exept for the amp. I paid 520 for it all and I got really good deals idk if he can match that with 300. Maybe he could get an Orion Xtr pro 15 for 145 new or a 12 for less? Those look decent and i was almost impressed with the 10 inch Xtr pro in a sealedbox. Also, I really don't think he needs an sa-15 to satisfy his needs, he's nearly impressed with my 8 on 250 watts but wants to be louder and get lower. I think 2 tens, 1 12, or 1 15 would be enough.

Few tips for you...

Break down your shopping by focusing on each component of the system. Subs then amps then wiring etc..it will make things a lot easier.

...get the wiring & box material 1st, then narrow down a sub, once you get a sub you can focus on building the box and matching the proper amp.

Taking your time and search the boards for deals..good luck

Audiopipe APSM 1300 and some sort of 15. I saw an Sa15 on an apsm 1300 doing 141s all day in the trunk of a late 90s to early 2000s Volvo sedan in a 33hz tuned daily box.

Make sure your buddy knows that the box is crucial and that it would be a tremendous waste to run a sealed box or prefab.

Amplifier:

Take a look at the Aura RPM2300 2 channel amplifier that's on sale at parts-express right now for $99. It's rated for 450watts RMS in bridged mode at 0.5% THD with 13.8V battery. Now realize that most amplifier are rated at 1%THD with 14.4V battery. Based on most reviews I have seen this amplifier is highly underrated. It will probably send around 500 real watts under normal conditions with a voltage normally seen in a car.

Wiring: StreetWires keep using 4awg true to gauge amp wiring kit. Online price 60-70 bucks. Should be good for 120-150amps of current (comes with 150amp fuse).

Subwoofer: I assume buying used may be best for your budget. I can see something like Image Dynamics IDQ v3 or JBL Power Series subwoofer providing very good SQ and output on this kind of power in a prefab sealed box, although you can also try ported as well. Many of these are floating on online classifieds. These will provide a good output and sound good not on just hard hitting bass songs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.