4 15s 4th order

Participant count
  • Participant list

ryanrj828

michigan
im trying to wrap my head around how to build a 4th order box, but it seems the more i read the more im second guessing things. my question where do i start on designing a box, what factors do i need to consider? i have 24 cubic feet to work with before woofer, bracing, and port displacement will i have enough room? its for 4 obsidian 15s. i want to tune around 45-50 hz. if someone can lead me in the right direction or help me figure out where to start that would be awesome!

Look up the 4th order thread. Don't know about the required enclosure size of those obsidians but 24 cu. Sounds a little small for 4 15's in a 4th order. Im not real familiar with the ins and outs of a forth but the thread i listed helped me. Im doing a forth for two obsidian 12s and my designs take up over 12 cubes.

im trying to wrap my head around how to build a 4th order box, but it seems the more i read the more im second guessing things. my question where do i start on designing a box, what factors do i need to consider? i have 24 cubic feet to work with before woofer, bracing, and port displacement will i have enough room? its for 4 obsidian 15s. i want to tune around 45-50 hz. if someone can lead me in the right direction or help me figure out where to start that would be awesome!
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/581717-4th-order-thread.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.