4 channel amp question

sstumpf

Senior VIP Member
First, I have a diamond d6 600.4 amp. it started about a week ago turning on sometimes and sometimes not. Now today it didn't turn on at all. My other amp works perfectly fine. and the diamond amp always has power, I tested with dmm. The ground is good. and the REM wire is good. is there anything that im missing? or is this amp done?

Second, If im buying a new amp. What would you guys recommend. For now I am just running a set of Image Dynamics ctx65cs off of it, Which are 100w rms. The diamond amp did 75w rms. so I guess im looking for a 4 channel in between 75 and 100w rms. I want a 4 channel in case I decide to add a rear set. I would like to stay at or under $200 if possible. Im looking at this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-PA660-Digital-Amplifier/dp/B004H1PCD8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1433036479&sr=8-2&keywords=polk+4+channel

First, I have a diamond d6 600.4 amp. it started about a week ago turning on sometimes and sometimes not. Now today it didn't turn on at all. My other amp works perfectly fine. and the diamond amp always has power, I tested with dmm. The ground is good. and the REM wire is good. is there anything that im missing? or is this amp done?
Second, If im buying a new amp. What would you guys recommend. For now I am just running a set of Image Dynamics ctx65cs off of it, Which are 100w rms. The diamond amp did 75w rms. so I guess im looking for a 4 channel in between 75 and 100w rms. I want a 4 channel in case I decide to add a rear set. I would like to stay at or under $200 if possible. Im looking at this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-PA660-Digital-Amplifier/dp/B004H1PCD8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1433036479&sr=8-2&keywords=polk+4+channel
Gmd8604. PPI 900.4 are good ones for that price.

+1 ppi900.4 best power output for the money.

ive had the pad40004 and the ppi900.4 (both are basically the big brother of what you're looking at) and I can tell you that the boards they use are exactly the same besides the case and possibly some minor differences in the components on the board. I didn't notice any difference between the two, exact same crossover options, sq, output, and footprint.

well lots of good things are being said about the ppi. I also found it on prime. so its between these two.

PPi 900.4

Pioneer GM-D8604

The only thing about the ppi is that its rated a little higher than my ID comp set. But I should be fine with it right?

ok, well im just going to go with the ppi then. looks like it should do good.
Don't know if they still have them, but I ordered the polk one. Straight from polk on eBay. It's a refurbished item but it was only $80, shipping included. Don't know if you've ordered the ppi or not.

It is class ab vs class D on the ppi. It's a good deal though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.