About to order

Here are a couple of shots of the S2W12 compared to a JL 10W1. I have decided against taking gut shots of the processor, even though it's impressive as can be. Here are the pics I got.

newCadencesub005.jpg

newCadencesub004.jpg

newCadencesub001.jpg

Sure, I am hoping to be starting the enclosure builds this weekend, but in the meantime, I am gonna try to mock things up for generalization purposes, and so other members can chime in with placement and other issues that may arise. Since I am using the tweeter pods for the first time, I assume I will encounter some unforseen problems with reflections and phasing.

Oh, and I spoke with some people in clubs this past weekend, and they are interested in some Cadence Pro-Audio products. i told them I will send them a brochure when they become available to me. Since I have had so much interest in Cadence products, i was wondering how hard it would be to become a dealer? I appreciate your help!!

Sure, I am hoping to be starting the enclosure builds this weekend, but in the meantime, I am gonna try to mock things up for generalization purposes, and so other members can chime in with placement and other issues that may arise. Since I am using the tweeter pods for the first time, I assume I will encounter some unforseen problems with reflections and phasing.
Oh, and I spoke with some people in clubs this past weekend, and they are interested in some Cadence Pro-Audio products. i told them I will send them a brochure when they become available to me. Since I have had so much interest in Cadence products, i was wondering how hard it would be to become a dealer? I appreciate your help!!
ill pm you about that & ill be mailing out some brochures for the Pro line subs..

wow that 12 makes the jl 10w1 look small. cant wait to see the install pics of this install. what type of numbers you looking to get with the single 12?
In a Kia Soul with around 500rms we saw high 130's around mid 30hz. I don't have the exact results in front me right now though..so I can not be exact on what the numbers were.

wow that 12 makes the jl 10w1 look small. cant wait to see the install pics of this install. what type of numbers you looking to get with the single 12?
In a Kia Soul with around 500rms we saw high 130's around mid 30hz. I don't have the exact results in front me right now though..so I can not be exact on what the numbers were.

I have it installed in a box built for a 10" SSA ICON right now, but it still sounds great. It has a very hard kick to the chest with the higher notes and it moves an amazing amount of air with the low notes. After the new box, I will try to take some vids, heck, I may just take a video as it sits right now.

In the pics up top, it looks like there is dust all over the sub, well that's because as I sat the subs on the table for pics, and then my 18 month old son somehow got ahold of the baby powder, and proceeded to throw it all over our house. I laughed, I laughed so hard because he was having so much fun, and then I couldn't get onto him, lol. Needless to say it took a while to clean it up and I missed a little here and there.

not bad at all.
Nope not at all. It was a very impressive driver with an ability to stay very clean, loud, and get low. Obviously the enclosure has a lot to do with it, but we found that in a wide range of enclosures from small sealed to large sealed to small ported to large ported it performed rather well overall.

In the pics up top, it looks like there is dust all over the sub, well that's because as I sat the subs on the table for pics, and then my 18 month old son somehow got ahold of the baby powder, and proceeded to throw it all over our house. I laughed, I laughed so hard because he was having so much fun, and then I couldn't get onto him, lol. Needless to say it took a while to clean it up and I missed a little here and there.
That would of been some great shots of the kid with the baby powder splashed all over the Cadence sub loll

Next time take more pics! lol Thanks so much for the shots near the JL sub, looks great:)

And that sounds really good Rabbit..you gotta post up pics of the sub installed...

Doesnt matter what enclosure, or where its at, we just want to see more applications in where the S2 can be used.

I will snap a few when I get home..it is currently running HT duty to see how it works...

Bottom line so far..overly impressive and a much better direct replacement for the DD1512 that was doing HT duty.

After a very eventful afternoon with my family, I am finally able to add some pics of the sub installed! Please excuse me for the tuck being a little cluttered and messy, It's hard to keep it cleaned with a baby throwing food and junk all over the place, lol!

subinstalled005.jpg

subinstalled006.jpg

subinstalled002.jpg

subinstalled003.jpg

subinstalled001.jpg

I am soon to have everything removed again to rewire for the new set-up. I have a lot planned and plan on starting a build log, but with hardly being able to walk, it will be a build log that will take a little while to complete. It's okay though, because a lot of members here drive a Dodge Ram Quad Cab and they will be able to see how Cadence makes it easy to install their equipment!

and some others im sceptical.
LOL. Coming from someone who runs audioque, a company whos claim to fame is blaming poorly made woofers failing on "not breaking in" to not honor warranty and whos amps are Hifonics clones.

Nice looking dustcap on that sub! I would agree that the market seems to really demand a reasonably priced 1000-1200W woofer.

LOL. Coming from someone who runs audioque, a company whos claim to fame is blaming poorly made woofers failing on "not breaking in" to not honor warranty and whos amps are Hifonics clones.
Nice looking dustcap on that sub! I would agree that the market seems to really demand a reasonably priced 1000-1200W woofer.
1st bold part.....That part is not exactly correct. I know what they are clones of though..... lol

2nd bold part... I think they have something coming soon that should fill a nice void in their line up.

Joseph

I wish you were closer, I would give you hand with wrapping that console and a few other things...looks like it does the trick though. Any video of it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Joseph7195

10+ year member
Walkin Tall
Joseph7195
Saltillo, Mississippi, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date