About to order

1st bold part.....That part is not exactly correct. I know what they are clones of though..... lol
2nd bold part... I think they have something coming soon that should fill a nice void in their line up.

Joseph

I wish you were closer, I would give you hand with wrapping that console and a few other things...looks like it does the trick though. Any video of it?
I've seen some amp internals that appear identical, still, whatever. Besides the situation with the 8's being changed I have never seen any threads of Cadence gear having problems.

As far as wire gauge, if you care, pay 3X the money for Kicker hyperflex or whatever for an extra 20% conductor. If you're at the point where it matters you should be into 6 or more runs anyway and brand should be irrelevent. I've used Cadence wire (and dozens of others) with fine results.

Besides the situation with the 8's being changed I have never seen any threads of Cadence gear having problems.
As far as wire gauge, if you care, pay 3X the money for Kicker hyperflex or whatever for an extra 20% conductor. If you're at the point where it matters you should be into 6 or more runs anyway and brand should be irrelevent. I've used Cadence wire (and dozens of others) with fine results.
I agree, we use their basic speaker wire in our enclosures as a "freebie" to all of our customers. Never had a single complaint. I did have a member PM me once I posted about it, but they have no idea what they were talking about just liked to hold a grudge over things they do not understand.

1st bold part.....That part is not exactly correct. I know what they are clones of though..... lol
2nd bold part... I think they have something coming soon that should fill a nice void in their line up.

Joseph

I wish you were closer, I would give you hand with wrapping that console and a few other things...looks like it does the trick though. Any video of it?
Do tell. DD?
Looking good, Joseph. I, too, am looking forward to the videos!
I agree, we use their basic speaker wire in our enclosures as a "freebie" to all of our customers. Never had a single complaint. I did have a member PM me once I posted about it, but they have no idea what they were talking about just liked to hold a grudge over things they do not understand.
Yep, I plan on getting some vids up next week, I put it in for some pics, but I am about to start a new box build, so everything came out. I wish you were closer Dustin! I could really use some help with covering it. I decided to just go with a bed liner, so it will stay black to match, plus it will stand up to my little boy and his crayons and things, lol.

I am having a problem finding an electric noise, so I am taking the front seats out today and checking some wiring and take some readings, but I am beginning to think it's the RF 3Sixty.2. I am gonna bypass it to see if it's still there, and if it is, just go from there. I may have an internal alternator problem. Luckily I have taken my truck apart a million time(engine swap, putting deadening on, and the dash for heater core change) so it shouldn't be much of a problem, unless i get caught by some storms. I still have some mock-up shots to take of driver placements to get some opinions on estimated sound quality. Plus, I am cutting the dash!! Yep, that's right!. Dodge Ram dash's are notorious for cracking, so I am taking out some of the dash to install some components, and to remove some material to help stop reflections. Something simple, but functional.

Do the enclosure with chalkboard paint. Your son will love you for it!!! Promise...

wow, I never thought of that! It is a family vehicle, why can't I do a build that has a family oriented part included? I can! I gotta give the credit to you Bro! Now, I am really getting excited. Maybe instead of my son wanting to watch TV in my truck on trips, maybe i can include some educational games for him instead.

Glad I can help inspire the build some...let us know how it turns on out in the end and post up if you don't track down that interference you have in the system.

Yep, I plan on getting some vids up next week, I put it in for some pics, but I am about to start a new box build, so everything came out. I wish you were closer Dustin! I could really use some help with covering it. I decided to just go with a bed liner, so it will stay black to match, plus it will stand up to my little boy and his crayons and things, lol.
I am having a problem finding an electric noise, so I am taking the front seats out today and checking some wiring and take some readings, but I am beginning to think it's the RF 3Sixty.2. I am gonna bypass it to see if it's still there, and if it is, just go from there. I may have an internal alternator problem. Luckily I have taken my truck apart a million time(engine swap, putting deadening on, and the dash for heater core change) so it shouldn't be much of a problem, unless i get caught by some storms. I still have some mock-up shots to take of driver placements to get some opinions on estimated sound quality. Plus, I am cutting the dash!! Yep, that's right!. Dodge Ram dash's are notorious for cracking, so I am taking out some of the dash to install some components, and to remove some material to help stop reflections. Something simple, but functional.
Does your 3Sixty.2 have a switchable ground? I was having some interference from my EQX and that was the culprate. I looked on RF's website but didn't see any mention.

Does your 3Sixty.2 have a switchable ground? I was having some interference from my EQX and that was the culprate. I looked on RF's website but didn't see any mention.

You sir, have been around the audio block once or twice! Unfortunately it doesn't have the switchable ground. This is the one of the main reasons I am going with the Cadence CVL2XR. It has dual isolated power supply, so i am hoping to rid any extra noise I can't seem to isolate any other way. It will give me more control too. I tried to do some searching already, but my son wanted to play, so i am waiting on my old lady to get home from school, and I am really gonna get to the bottom of it. But keep up the ideas, this is my first SQ build, so you are helping more than you think!

Curious about that too, Ive never had a problem with Audio Controls stuff.
We simply do not make EQs to that extent, we have simple indash systems, so please feel free to use whatever sound processors you see fit.

Yep, I am still up in the air with that. I have been looking around, but yet to have decided on a final model. I think I may go simple with it this time, or I may be able to find the problem with the 3sixty and re-use it. I already have 30 or 40 files saved for settings, and since I am changing, I won't be able to use them, so I may just change and start with something else. I am really up in the air.

hmmm choices need to be made....what to get what to get... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Joseph7195

10+ year member
Walkin Tall
Joseph7195
Saltillo, Mississippi, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date