Adjusting the bass and treble on a 9887

Wanting just "Bass and treble" is being redundant. The unit has a 5 band EQ for a reason. Why would you try to retard yourself by going back to only two bands of equalization?

Sell it, buy a dual.

OR read the manual and learn the eq, make the adjustments.

Whoever said change the crossover points via the eq, is a moron, you can't change crossover points via an eq.

Take some time, tuning using the crossovers, sub level, and EQ so most of what you play sounds good then use the sublevel to adjust from there. I have a pioneer with a 16 band graphic and no specific bass/treble controls. I found once I took some time and set my EQ and filters right I rarely need to do anything with it other than tweak the sub level from time to time to suit different recordings.

And, to be particular, in my opinion you do have bass and treble controls. That would basically be a 2 band parametric EQ centered around a certain frequency in the lows and a different one in the highs. Now you just have more control over different frequency ranges in those categories.

Wanting just "Bass and treble" is being redundant. The unit has a 5 band EQ for a reason. Why would you try to retard yourself by going back to only two bands of equalization?
this. I don't have this deck but as soon as I heard it has a 7 band eq and people are *****ing over a lack of "bass and treble" functioned I loled.

parametric eq is where its at on this deck.had one installed today and its alot easier to work with than the 9835 lol.5 and 6 on the eq is treble,4 is mids and 1 and 2 are bass i believe.my car came with a RF system.bypassed the amp and put in a cross over for the tweets.this deck really puts out the volume crystal clear.worth every penny.i could care less about the imprint.this deck is plenty good without it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.