Almost New JBL GTi MKII 15" D6 subwoofer.

skylineTT
10+ year member

bass=sekz
Item(s) for Sale:

JBL GTi MKII 15" Subwoofer with dual 6ohm coils

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Bought this new about 5-6 months ago ran it on an ED Nine.1 for about a month at 3ohms (not much power) and pulled the dust cap about a week ago because I put a ding in it with a soccer ball in my trunk. I was intending to replace it but JBL has been taking a few weeks to send my dustcap in and I need the money now.

These are being discontinued as well as the Power series and both will be replaced by an inferior sub for a while. It sounds retarded but these are usually too rich for peoples blood considering they cost around 400 at minimum and like around 800-1000 watts rms. They sound incredible though and get loud off of little power, very efficient subs.

Price:

I'll do 250+ship.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Shipping will probably cost from 25-30 based on other equipment I've shipped recently. FedEx ground and boxed like a tank. I could even get ahold of a manufacturers box to ship it in if you'd like.

Item Pictures:

Pics show some dust on the surround and cone but I will clean them off before shipping. Also, the coil was covered while it sat so no dust would get in there.

Weird white spot on coil picture was me blurring out the serial number on photobucket. Doesn't actually look like that.

DSCN1916.jpg

DSCN1915.jpg

DSCN1914.jpg

DSCN1913.jpg

Wish they werent D6. What kind of box did you use it in?
6 cubes at 28hz. It seems like a lot of people have good results with a wide variety of enclosures though from 3-8 cubes.

trade for my treo ?
I'm broke now foo, need dat cash //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Also includes the gold terminal bridges. These subs are different than other tinsel configurations. Both positives are on one side and both negatives are on the other.

How did it sound on lower power? I've heard they're pretty nice... What does this thing weigh?
I was probably giving it somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-450 and it was super clean. It surprisingly boogies pretty hard on low power too.

**** looking sub despite the missing dustcap. Wish I had the coin man. Good luck with your sale
Thanks man, JBL will send a cap for free. Just gotta call em. It might be worth it for me to go ahead and do that before the sub sells.

Ok, first off, I had one on low power in my Neon (around 300 watts) sealed, and it did get down, louder on that power than my 187 15" was. Secondly, the D6 wired in parallel with the jumpers makes for a 3 ohm load, but with rise, the amp sees closer to 4 ohm. Third, 250 used + ship is a bit high. I couldn't get bites for 200+ shipping on one that was in better shape.

Good luck, whoever ends up getting this sub is getting one of the BEST sounding woofers on the market.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.