Amp gain setting

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a Kenwood Double Din and I am using Bluetooth instead of CD music. Is it true that your amp gain settings are set higher when using Bluetooth than my normal Kenwood deck 5v output?
Any balancing should be done inside of the head unit or on the phone. There's no reason to adjust the amp gain settings when switching sources on the head unit. A lot of aftermarket units, at least on pioneer that I know of but it's probably common, have settings that adjust source volumes relative to each other to avoid blasting loud noise when you switch to the radio, etc.

The included image shows what feature you're looking for. It was snipped from this page: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DDX396/Kenwood-Excelon-DDX396.html assuming your head unit is quite similar to that one.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    38.2 KB · Views: 154
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.