Amp need for 800-1000 wrms 1 ohm.

Here I go again, CROSSFIRE VR1000D:yumyum:

Nice, nice, nice, nice....

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

^ I second the Hifonics decision. If you want to spend the money get something more but for the money you cant beat it I dont think. I love my older BX1000D and know for a fact it does a good 900 watts at 1 ohm so even though they may be overated, they still do close to their power at 1 ohm. Also im sure they can do more than rated power if wired below their minimum ohm ratings. My BX1000D runs my DP @1 ohm and never breaks a sweat, even in the summertime in direct sunlight and I wouldnt hesitate to run it @ .5 ohm with conservative volume usage.

^ I second the Hifonics decision. If you want to spend the money get something more but for the money you cant beat it I dont think. I love my older BX1000D and know for a fact it does a good 900 watts at 1 ohm so even though they may be overated, they still do close to their power at 1 ohm. Also im sure they can do more than rated power if wired below their minimum ohm ratings. My BX1000D runs my DP @1 ohm and never breaks a sweat, even in the summertime in direct sunlight and I wouldnt hesitate to run it @ .5 ohm with conservative volume usage.
proof of this power? bc i know the 1500d did like 1150-1200 with 5%+ thd.

newer models are much better though (05 and 06)

Eh..the fact that at a 1ohm resistive load my amp pumps out a stable 31 volts rms @60 hz at 13.5 volts input. Im not saying that wont drop due to impedence rise from the subwoofer but while hooked up to my DP @1 ohm it can push 32 volts rms @ 60hz just before audible clipping so im more than happy with it. And since you might even call BS on that..with a 105 amp alternator and no accessories running it can produce a very small voltage drop while cruising at highway speeds. So im confident it can do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.