new to this need help picking right amp.

Participant count
  • Participant list

jtri

CarAudio.com Newbie
i’m not sure what amp i should run. i want to wire 4 DS18 PRO-GM6B which are 480w max and 140w rms, i also wanted to add 4 DS18 PRO-TWX1/BK which are 240w peak and 120w rms. i’m just trying to figure out what amp or amps i should run. thank you.

Since you're going with PA - Pro Style drivers, it's assumed you interested in SPL performance, emphasis not necessarily being sound quality. I assume that you'll be using passive crossovers for the tweeters?

What you did not mention is the impedance of the DS18 PRO-GM6B you intend to run. Ae you going to run four 4ohms in all for corners of the car or are you going to run dual 6.5s up front in either dual 8 in parallel to 4 ohm load or dual 4 ohm to 2 ohm load per side. Same with the tweeters, how are you considering the speaker configuration?

Last edited:
Since you're going with PA - Pro Style drivers, it's assumed you interested in SPL performance, emphasis not necessarily being sound quality. I assume that you'll be using passive crossovers for the tweeters?

What you did not mention is the impedance of the DS18 PRO-GM6B you intend to run. Ae you going to run four 4ohms in all for corners of the car or are you going to run dual 6.5s up front in either dual 8 in parallel to 4 ohm load or dual 4 ohm to 2 ohm load per side. Same with the tweeters, how are you considering the speaker configuration?
i am going to be using passive cross overs for the tweeters and the PRO-GM6B are 8ohms these are not going in with the factory doors these are going in a box

Maybe something like this?

Many to choose from, and since I have too much time on my hands this morning and in keeping with the DS18 theme:

DS18 Korean Half bridge

Build house

If you just want to blow everything up

Budget class (any mfr half/full bridge):

Just to list a few.

;)

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...