Amp not working

Hey guys my amplifier has stopped working:(

It was goin all good and working fine until i unpluged all the wires to hide them under my floor, when i plugged them back in, the amp came on put it is not putting out any power i have used a tester light to check. I have double checked that all the wires are plugged in the right spot.

anyone got any idea's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

you must have had a wire touch some other wires when you took the amp out......a hot wire touching your rca jacks could blow the outputs on your cd player real easy...= no sound

With everything hooked up correctly, take the outputs of the amplifier (where you connect the speaker to) and connect them to the power and ground going into the amplifier, it should even everything out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you must have had a wire touch some other wires when you took the amp out......a hot wire touching your rca jacks could blow the outputs on your cd player real easy...= no sound
oh by the way the rca jack does have power i tested it im not sure if that makes a difference to what ur saying

Your ground could be completely unhooked, and it still light up. The RCA outer shield is a ground. A very small one. Check your ground wire. 2nd thing to check... If you plugged the RCA's in before your ground wire, it can blow the internal ground inside the RCA. To test for this, take a small wire, ground it, then touch the outer part of the RCA while plugged in the amp (the shield) . One or the other should fix it. If not, you have another problem. Some amps will light up if the main/amp fuse is blown. Lights up off of the turn on wire (only saw a few amps that did this) . 3 things to check... That is all I can think of...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.