Amp Troubleshooting Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

Peppo31

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

I have a Kenwood Excelon XR-5S 5ch amp runnning in a 2005 F150 with 4 aftermarket component speakers and 2 small 8" subs running off the sub channel. I installed it recently and it was working fine for a couple of months until out of the blue yesterday all the speaker channels stopped working. The only channel working is the SUB channel. The only thing I have checked is the fuses and they are fine. The amp doesn't show any warning lights on top either. What steps can I take to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks!

Hello,

I have a Kenwood Excelon XR-5S 5ch amp runnning in a 2005 F150 with 4 aftermarket component speakers and 2 small 8" subs running off the sub channel. I installed it recently and it was working fine for a couple of months until out of the blue yesterday all the speaker channels stopped working. The only channel working is the SUB channel. The only thing I have checked is the fuses and they are fine. The amp doesn't show any warning lights on top either. What steps can I take to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks!
First check all your radio settings: fader, output level, et cetera. If all is well, check all the switches on the amp: gain, x-over, et cetera. If all is well, get a (3.5mm to rca) cable. With amp off, label all rcas and unplug them. Now plug that cable into front channels, then to your phone's headphone jack. Turn on vehicle radio and play a track on your phone. If amp is ok, you should hear your phone's track on your car's front speakers. If working, lower phone volume and unplug rcas, then plug them into the rear channels. Volume up. You should now hear your phone's music in the rear speakers. If no sound on any speakers, leave it as is and get a home speaker. Bare the speaker wires, connect them to the left or right REAR speaker output. If no music, amp is faulty, if music, speakers are faulty. Usually it is the amp switches. Kids love messing with those.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.