• Participant list

ATN2DETAILING
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
BURBANK
Hello everyone,

I've narrowed my choices down to:

SSA ICON $284 / piece

POLK SR124 $149 / piece on "black Friday" sale usally somewhere in the $500 range I think.

please advise which way to go for nice tight, clean, low hitting bass... I know that box is going to be the biggest factor but if any personal experience with these two subwoofers in particular I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you in advance for any guidance!

ps Keep in mind if suggesting the ICON is the price difference really worth it or justifiable?

I've never heard the polks or the ICONs. But I have heard the Xcons. The Xcons are the best sounding sub I have ever heard. If the Icons are anything like them (which I believe they are), then you can not go wrong with the Icons.

Thanks... And I've heard the Polks they are Super musical! I just wonder if they have the output I'm looking for.?. If it was strictly musical then I would go with the Polks eyes closed but I want to make sure I get something that is both musical and a Beast at the same time.

something that is both musical and a Beast at the same time.
which = the ICON. From what people have said about the icons, I can believe simply because I know how the xcons sound. How much power do you plan on running? The Icons can take more that the Polks.

I use to have a single idq v2 sq but not the output I was looking for. Had 2 JL's sounded killer! So that's where I'm at... I don't mind spending the money but if the Polks are what reviewers are saying and from what I auditioned years back then why spend more for what I'm getting out of the Polks.?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.