Anyone try the new arghhs yet?

I know they havent been out for too long but I was just wondering if anyone has messed with them yet. I am thinking about picking one up but if its not any better than the old style, I will get a cheap old one.
You should be ca.com's guinea pig man. Spend a little extra cash and give us all an honest review.

You should be ca.com's guinea pig man. Spend a little extra cash and give us all an honest review.
Lol, how about everyone pitches in a buck and we can gather enough to buy one and send it to a trustworthy member, and he can test it?

I would too. But who is someone that is worthy of an almost free Type R? lol
Someone who doesn't need woofers. How about sundownz? He has all the equipment anyone could want and he sells subs. He's not going to waste his time with type r's lol. It also needs to be cut apart after being tested to see if they are still using 2" coils, if the pole piece is vented etc.

Someone who doesn't need woofers. How about sundownz? He has all the equipment anyone could want and he sells subs. He's not going to waste his time with type r's lol. It also needs to be cut apart after being tested to see if they are still using 2" coils, if the pole piece is vented etc.
I thought they had 2.5 inch coils on the newest ones before these?

i would personally love to get the new swr-1223 it might b worth the $150 from woofersetc, accordin to the alpine site its got 35% more cone area and still cools off the same so no vented pole piece, 20% more motor force so barely stronger motor, its rated at 600 rms which i would trust throwin over 1000rms to it as i am currently throwin 750-800 rms to my swr-1242 on my aq on stock electrical n not much light dim, give it a a couple months n i may just try it out, if any1 has a good swr-1222 for cheap that would help me compare the 2 on the same exact ohm load n power, accordin to the manuals the swr-1223 is a lil shorter but the enclosure specs r biigger n the displacement is greater, the ripple is more n the Fb is lower(on the vented enclosure specs), bigger magnet, bigger voice coil, same cone area, should b a very noticable difference

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm im thinking of picking up one 1 up got 900 rms at 2 ohm to throw at it. then id eventually add another. any place cheaper then wooferetcs?

bums. lol

v this info is for the thin subs not the one in the pic

New Type-R SubwoofersWinner of a CES Innovations 2010 Design and Engineering Award for the In-Vehicle Audio category, the new SWR-T10 (10-inch) and SWR-T12 (12-inch) Type-R thin subwoofers are the ideal solution for car audio enthusiasts who crave a slim profile without compromising performance, at price points that will not drain their bank accounts.

With surface mounting depths of 3.25 inches for the 10-inch model and 3.5 inches for the 12-inch model, the thin subwoofers are ideal for installation in tight spaces such as pickup trucks, compact cars and even in door panels. An advanced motor and suspension design delivers the highest X-max (greater than 16mm), SPL output and sound quality in the flat subwoofer category. Both models offer 600W RMS power handling, which makes them the perfect subwoofers to power Alpine’s new second-generation PDX digital amplifiers.

The redesigned, fourth-generation Type-R subwoofers boast several enhanced features to achieve even cleaner, deeper bass with great low frequency extension and clarity. This popular subwoofer line consists of the 10-inch (SWR-1023D and SWR-1043D) and 12-inch (SWR-1223D and SWR-1243D) models. A shallower surface mounting depth – 5.875 inches for the 10-inch models and 6.375 inches for the 12-inch models – means more installation flexibility for the ideal sound system set up. The 65 mm voice coil allows for increased power handling to 600W RMS for best performance with Alpine’s new PDX digital amplifiers. Exclusive third-generation High-Amplitude Multi Roll (HAMR) engineering delivers cooler operation, longer life and tight, accurate bass, while ultra-long linear excursion provides dynamic, realistic sound. The single piece cast frame and shorting sleeve provide minimum inductance variance and reduced thermal compression. The radial fins are designed to cool the entire motor assembly, resulting in maximum cooling of the voice coils to reduce thermal compression.

443_1lg.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.