Anyone try the new arghhs yet?

I actually bought one to check out. Haven't used an old Type-R before, though.
You are just gonna tell us you bought it, and not tell us what you thought? lol I think I might grab a pair of 10s off Fleabay. They main thing I wanna know is if they hit lows better than the older ones.

May order a few coils to fit them in case other guys want re-cones for them -- at least as long as I can make something happen for spiders and cones. The coil is 2mm wider than an SA series but the spider / cone could be adapted for inner diameter as long as they fit the frame.

so they jumped up to a 2.5" coil huh. the old ones were ok subs just never saw anything special. now the type x has a nice motor and can fit a 8 layer and have plenty off room just stock soft parts are junk...

May order a few coils to fit them in case other guys want re-cones for them -- at least as long as I can make something happen for spiders and cones.
Feel free to hit me up if you can't get parts that fit, I might be able to get you something that will...

I've probably reconed almost a dozen of the older models.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Alpine TS are pretty much on par... this is what I measured on a 12" D4 :

My measurement / Alpine Spec

Re: 7.55 ohms (7.7 ohms)

Fs: 31.96 Hz (31 Hz)

Qes: 0.592 (0.57)

Qms: 7.99 (7.9)

Qts: 0.551 (0.53)

Le: 4.29 mH (3.84 mH)

Vas: 33.4 L (38 L)

BL: 24.63 NA (Not Supplied)

Cms: 113.9 uM/N (Not Supplied)

Mms: 217 g (Not Supplied)

Sens: 84.5 dB (85 dB)

Overall it's a nice driver... was surprised to see the spider just one relatively thin layer. The surround must be responsible for a good bit of the compliance of this driver as it is pretty stiff even considering the thin spider.

Don't care for the cone as it is pretty thin -- but then again it's not a high-end competition woofer so I don't think folks will be breaking them any time soon on rated power. Suppose I'm used to the cones on my drivers... even my SA series has a cone nearly as strong as the Nightshade.

I just picked up 2 of the 1023d's. I will be running them in a 3 cubic foot box tuned to 42 Hz with 48 square inches of port in my 06 wrangler. They will be powered by a bx1500d at 2 ohms so should be seeing around 1000 watts to the pair. I will post vids this weekend when I get them hooked up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.