Anyone with center console experience? Down fire or up?

oxsign
5,000+ posts

No Affiliation
Orlando, FL
I'm doing a single 15" in my '05 CC silverado. I was wondering what works best when doing a box like this? Down fireing, up, port down, up, forward, etc. Just trying to pick your brains for info. I'm at around 3cubes after displacement with a 6" areo. The sub is a ssacket recone for my omega. I'll have around 1500-2k for it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

If you have fiberglassing skills then you could do a design like that one and fiberglass the hole bigger, but that's if you can't fit a fifteen in the center console space. I saw one not too long ago that was sub and port forward but dont' remember where.

If you have fiberglassing skills then you could do a design like that one and fiberglass the hole bigger, but that's if you can't fit a fifteen in the center console space. I saw one not too long ago that was sub and port forward but dont' remember where.
I wish I did have the skills, lol. I just don't have the patients to do it.
good luck with a 15". do a 12" ive had one and loved it
Had a 12" moving to a 15" now. I have the room no problem, just trying ti figure out the best possible way to fire everything.

no way to do a 15" there, I was going to do a beefy 10" in mine then never did. If you have a crew cab just take the 2/3 seat out if you don't have a lot ppl ride with you. Thats what I did and put my 18, there all my amps mounted on the back wall..

I think both forward would be the best bet to keep it safe, if you have it facing back it can get kicked in with people back there, up would kind of annoy me and I've never liked downfiring.

I guess I should clear things up a bit. The rear lower seat of the 60/40 bench has been cut down to 2 buckets. The console will be in the back between the back of the regular console and the seats. This is what was in there before.

36a8f800.jpg

9e20f12f.jpg

I'm now doing 1 15" cause I didn't quite have all the airspace I needed to do the 4 12". So the factory console is back in and i'm now going to do a single 15" with plenty of space to spare.

Sorry, but I didn't take any pix. I just stripped it down to the frame and took some measurements and went from there. You will have to weld a bracket back when all is said and done though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.