At a crossroad in building my system

Participant count
  • Participant list

STiTrackDayz

So I bought a Kicker ZX 1000.1 and acquired 4 Kicker L7 8" 4ohm DVC subs. My issue is the amp needs a 2ohm load to make the 1000 watts and I really don't want to install all 4 of those subs; not to mention that if I did it will only be putting out 250watts to each sub which are rated at 450watts each. Also I wanted a smaller system to fit the car so I was shooting for two. What config do you guys think would sound the best 1,2,3, or all four? Any thoughts would be much appreciated!!

So I bought a Kicker ZX 1000.1 and acquired 4 Kicker L7 8" 4ohm DVC subs. My issue is the amp needs a 2ohm load to make the 1000 watts and I really don't want to install all 4 of those subs; not to mention that if I did it will only be putting out 250watts to each sub which are rated at 450watts each. Also I wanted a smaller system to fit the car so I was shooting for two. What config do you guys think would sound the best 1,2,3, or all four? Any thoughts would be much appreciated!!
013ade95f25840eb94c284f13f568f4f.jpg

Run all 4 for a 2 ohm load.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

250 will move them fine. The sheer amount of cone area would make up for the difference. Just make a custom ported box big enough for them to properly work. They need like 1 cubic NET each that means the airspace remaining after subtracting the space the port and subs take up.

Do you guys think that running 2 of them at 4ohm and only 500watts In a ported box would put some decent sound or should I just go for it and do all 4 in a sealed box (sealed to save some space in the trunk?

Do you guys think that running 2 of them at 4ohm and only 500watts In a ported box would put some decent sound or should I just go for it and do all 4 in a sealed box (sealed to save some space in the trunk?
depends what kind of ported box you will be putting them in. Is the ported box something you gonna buy pre-made online or at a shop or is it something hand built by someone who knows how to get you loud?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.