Headway building 101

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wesseat

CarAudio.com Recruit
I ordered 44 new Headway 38120HP 8AH 25C 200Amp LiFePo4 Super High Power Cells and a HA02 Battery Equalizer from BMS batteries. I also ordered an 88 amp hour set of bars from project DB.
I've read about top balancing and all sorts of things. I would appreciate input from someone who 100% knows how to put one of these things together right cuz I don't want to screw it up!

I ordered 44 new Headway 38120HP 8AH 25C 200Amp LiFePo4 Super High Power Cells and a HA02 Battery Equalizer from BMS batteries. I also ordered an 88 amp hour set of bars from project DB.
I've read about top balancing and all sorts of things. I would appreciate input from someone who 100% knows how to put one of these things together right cuz I don't want to screw it up!
Man!!!Id like to see picks of those when they come in!!

Will do.. I ordered headway and they shipped same day. Im working out of state so it will be a couple weeks before i get home... Not sure on the bars.. I ordered everything 5 days ago and no shipping confirmation frim project db yet.

I think im good on the actual bank assembly and the do's and dont's... Im more interested in the balancing and charging that i do or dont need to do and exact instructions on that.

I've watched videos where guys hook all the cells together in parallel then let them set overnight and balance. Then they take a DC voltage Supply and charge all cells still in parallel to 3.5. Then with eyes on they slowly bring the voltage on up 3.65 then disconnect the cells and let them set overnight and check the voltage and see if you have any bad cells, if not then assemble your bank. I've seen other videos where guys skip the charging with the DC power supply 3.65 volts and they balance then assemble the bank and then charge it to 14.6volts with a 5 amp lithium charger... I had another guy tell me if they're new just assemble them with your bars and put them in your car and let the alternator charge them.

Passive balance. Hook all the positives in parallel and do the same with the negatives. I let mine sit 24 hours. Check voltages of single cells. Make sure they are all pretty close. Then build the bank. After bank is built charge it up to your alternators charging voltage. Then install.

20221106_194658_HDR.jpg
20221106_194441_HDR.jpg
20221106_192201.jpg
20221106_185930_HDR.jpg

Passive balance. Hook all the positives in parallel and do the same with the negatives. I let mine sit 24 hours. Check voltages of single cells. Make sure they are all pretty close. Then build the bank. After bank is built charge it up to your alternators charging voltage. Then install.
Ha02 balancer i bought didn't come with a manual. Do you know how to wire it up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...