Auto Tek AT1000 super sport

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hruke

I ordered a kit online that came with this Auto Tek AT1000 Super Sport amp. It is a small amp so makes me wonder if it is a 1000W but all the reviews i read on it say its a really good amp(havent found one negtive review). And I was wondering if anyone knows about this being a bad amp or is it just suppost to be really small compaired to other 1000W amps.

SE shows that a 4 awg kit should do the trick. I show the amp having 2x 30a fuses, so realistically, you can expect ~518rms max. What are you powering with it?

I had an AT1200 (4 channel amp). They dont do 1200w. I'm not sure exactly what they do for power. Depending on what you paid, and what you're after, they are....decent at best. I never could get that little thing to shut off, no matter where it was mounted or how long I played it even though it got hot enough to cook an egg on. I will say though, when I bought my Boston Acoustics GT40, I could immediately tell a difference in the sound after swapping them out. Given, the Boston amp did have a little more power than the AT. But, I will say that, for the price I paid for that Autotek amp, $50 new with warranty, I wasnt too disappointed in it. But, I cant say I'd buy another and the only way I'd recommend one is if a person just absolutely must have a new cheap 4 channel amp and wont consider used or anything.

I'm sure youre talking about running mono for subs, but thats just my experience with the AT amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.