Bad Decision

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bobbytwonames
5,000+ posts

Trigger Man!
Vegas
I tried to install two 15's behind the seat of my 2005 Dodge. I had more than enough mounting depth. However, we tried to build the box on the smaller side and it didn't work out too well. It peaked too high for my liking. We installed two U15 v2's on an SIA5000. It did do a 148 on the meter @ 37 hz. I probably could've got it to a 150. It just wasn't worth it. My box builder screwed up the driver's side cutout and the box kept breaking screws and spitting the sub out when I turned it up. I'm going to put a new baffle on it and switch to two twelves. I'll attach pics if anybody is interested.
Screenshot_20240419_214127_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240419_214611_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240419_214201_Facebook.jpg

Build Photo
  1. Not right now
Last edited:
That ***** it didnt work for you. I helped with a similar setup back in 2010. He used 3 JBL GTO 15s. Those boogers had like a 5" mounting depth, the mag was inside the basket. Sounded pretty good. He built the box, and covered it. I just helped lift it into the truck.

That ***** it didnt work for you. I helped with a similar setup back in 2010. He used 3 JBL GTO 15s. Those boogers had like a 5" mounting depth, the mag was inside the basket. Sounded pretty good. He built the box, and covered it. I just helped lift it into the truck.

The Sundown U series subs that I used have about a 9" mounting depth. I'm 5' 11" tall and still sit comfortably. I did move my driver's seat two clicks forward.

Its a shame the 15s didnt work out. I would think a good pair of tens would serve behind a single cab,or 4 sealed tens even. But thats me. Hope the 12s work out for you. Interested to see how they serve

Its a shame the 15s didnt work out. I would think a good pair of tens would serve behind a single cab,or 4 sealed tens even. But thats me. Hope the 12s work out for you. Interested to see how they serve

My 2 - 15" wedge box is around 5 cubes net with 80 square inches of port. My 4 - 8" wedge box is 3.69 cubes net with 43¾" square inches of port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...