Bandpass = Sounds like azs

that looks like the wicked 1? those are a transmition line simular to a bp though...
You are correct sir. Yeah it's not a pure bandpass its technically a dual bandpass folded horn I guess, but just goes to show that they can be useful and sound very nice.

Last prefab bandpass boxes that were well performers came out in the mid 80's early 90's bandpass craze at the time. Savard was one of the more popular ones, with their RAP bandpass enclosure that got stupid loud off of a measly amount of wattage. I still own a super rare bandpass 6x9 enclosure made by Polk ( pictured below) during the same era for Porsche 911's. Kinda neat but worthless in compairison to today's massive amp wattage ratings and stupid effecient drivers.

Oh, the good ole days.

PICT0154.jpg

^^^you stole the words out of my brain LOL. I've had this in my daily trunk for a while:
2011-04-14_13-25-45_964.jpg

I had the exact problem Audioholic described, I'm changing my setup simply because my bass was so magnificent that my front stage could not keep up and I don't plan on changing that for a while.
You sure it wasn't all that mold on the box?

^^^you stole the words out of my brain LOL. I've had this in my daily trunk for a while:
2011-04-14_13-25-45_964.jpg

I had the exact problem Audioholic described, I'm changing my setup simply because my bass was so magnificent that my front stage could not keep up and I don't plan on changing that for a while.
You shouldn't need to change your enclosure just to balance your system out better. Gain the subwoofer amp down, and call it headroom. This will have the added benefit of lowering distortion even more. The only reason Id consider doing a different box (assuming its performing as hoped, other than excessive output) is if a lack of midbass is your problem. Getting some decent sized midbass drivers to fit can be a real pita in a lot of vehicles.

If you dont already have one, get a nice/decent signal processor. Any decent one should be able to attenuate the subwoofer output, and tune it to a relatively flat response.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.