Basic advice re Apple Carplay on old Citroen C4 Picasso

Participant count
  • Participant list

imack

CarAudio.com Newbie
UK
My wife has an old 2007 Citroen C4 Picasso and we would like to replace the old standard single DIN radio with (hopefully) a Apple Carplay unit.
I am very ignorant on all things car audio so I have a few basic questions.
1) is it possible to get a single DIN Carplay unit to fit this car?
2) if yes, can it be a wireless connection with the iPhone or does it have to be plugged in?
3) I have seen units on Amazon that seem incredibly cheap - £120-160. Are they any good? If yes, then why are they so cheap compared to double DIN units?
4) if the iPhone has to be connected, does it charge all the time it is connected to the unit?
Any help really appreciated!

I have never heard of that vehicle before. Im sure by now there has to be a single din dash install kit to be purchased by now. It would take some searching on your end within the location you subside

Thanks. Yes, I can research that, but I guess my other questions were more of a general nature.

I can't speak to carplay but I'm using a Joying unit for android auto. It's a single din slot with a screen that attaches. The single din units with "android auto" seem to just use phone/audio and not the whole deal. It's fine if you just want to use your phone as your source and take calls through your radio, but if you want maps or want to be able to use your headunit to control whatever your audio player of choice is, your options are limited from my experience.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...