Battery Brains I could use your insight Plz

I really don't want to keep this in my photobucket album.

duel3.jpg

Well since I am not dumb enough to put a flooded battery inside my car to prove the point, I will post a few people that learned the hard way:
Example 1

Example 2

You can search yourself for the horror stories. There simply is no reason to take the risk. If you want to do it, go ahead. Just don't come on a public forum and advocate the use.
Your first example is a sealed batt. The guy even says that next time he will look for a batt with vent caps (flooded).

Your second example is just retarded.

Loop, I think you get WAY too far into what you read. All I ever see is, "I got this information from here, I got that information from there." I hope that you don't seriously believe everything that you read. A little real-life experience is needed in your posts.
x2

So if you agree with me, then why are you arguing? So since I use google, I must not know anything? Have you ever read anything on the interwebz that you did believe? I bet I can find that info via google as well. for ****s sake, it is not like I used the Enquirer as a source or something. Hell you don't even deny I am wrong. You just have a personal vendetta or something against me giving the proper advice to noobs on a forum. If that makes you feel insecure in any way, I cannot help you.
lol, your internet training does not make you an expert. Anybody with real experience or in-depth knowledge will call out your mistakes but you just head back to google to prove everyone wrong.

Here is a good example of your expert google knowledge failing you miserably, lol.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5895698&postcount=18

&

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5897974&postcount=19

You should just stick to helping the newbs.

BTW, jco has seen my dick and said his was bigger.
being a **** just makes you look like more of a douche //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

So I should just take your word over the manufacturers? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
I have given link after link backing up my stance, yet you simply come here bashing me without a single shred of knowledge or evidence. If you want to disprove me, fine. I will be waiting.

You might want to check with th NHRA and see just what type of batteries they use.... OH that's right, they use SEALED AGM batteries.

Have a fucking clue before you make posts from now on.

I really could give a rats ass what you or your teammates do, as long as you don't give poor advice to the people coming here looking for sound advice.

If people were coming here asking how to avoid getting AIDS, would you say condoms are useless because you never used them and you still never caught AIDS?
I competed in sanctioned NHRA events for years and I still have dozens of friends and family that still do and almost none of them use AGM batteries til recenty and that is only for the small size and lower weight. a few have recently started buying the shuriken bt20 and bt35 batteries from my shop and running 2-6 in a trunk location in plastic boxes with no lids and no vents sealed or flooded they have no vents as a requirement goto the NHRA website and look in the rules for battery requirements before you talk out your ass next time.

as far as semi use, I said 1/2 not all, and every older semi early 90's and before have a huge unvented metal box on the side of the truck under the steps that goes right into the cab and none of the batteries are vented. I have been working on cars and semis as an ASE certified tech since you were in diapers. I dont recommend doing it unless you know the risks and are aware of the obvious precautions to avoid an accident. common sense is all it takes and I guarantee you that someone else at that meet he is going to will have theirs done the same way.

I just looked at the can of Bud Light I'm drinking and it says it 'may cause health problems'.

So according to Loops logic, that means I should not drink it. Dam you loop.

Also I just looked at the back of my keyboard and it says 'Improper use may result in injury'. I guess that means I should stop using my ke

I just looked at the can of Bud Light I'm drinking and it says it 'may cause health problems'.

So according to Loops logic, that means I should not drink it. Dam you loop.

Also I just looked at the back of my keyboard and it says 'Improper use may result in injury'. I guess that means I should stop using my ke
How about you drink a beer, then drink what is inside the non sealed battery? Think one is a little more dangerous than the other.:laugh:How about moving the non sealed battery after months and months without the use of gloves or washing your hands after wards? If the battery didn't blow up would it still leave its "stamp" to the interior? Stain/eat carpet damage the metal under the carpet? People live after they huff paint to but its not very healthy to do is it?

Semi truck batteries (the huge ones) are stored under and behind the cabin along the frame of the truck. If they have extra batteries in a storage compartment the batteries are isolated and use a battery box with proper ventilation.

Your first example is a sealed batt. The guy even says that next time he will look for a batt with vent caps (flooded).
Your second example is just retarded.
The battery in the first example was a "MAINTENANCE FREE FLOODED BATTERY". That is exactly the type of battery that I am advocating that people NOT USE inside a vehicle, and almost identical to the one in the OP. Even though you think it is safe because it is "SEALED" does not make it safe. Sealed does not mean it does not vent gas. It means that it does not need water added to the battery because they added extra at the factory.

Now I understand that you want to try and make me look bad. You go out of the way to follow me and my posts trying to dispute every word I post. I wish you had something better to do that just follow me around the board taking shots at me. If you want to help people out, fine. That is all I am here for. But take your personal vendetta elsewhere. This is the last time I will ever dignify your comments with a thoughtful response.

I guess if someone smokes while they are getting gas at the station it is ok because they don't go boom? seems to be the logic of the argument on this against doing it the right way LOL everyone who has a semi that I know, works on a semi I know and 2 people I know who work on cars all seem to agree using a non sealed flooded battery in the cabin/interior without a vented box is stupid.

Even though you think it is safe because it is "SEALED" does not make it safe. Sealed does not mean it does not vent gas. It means that it does not need water added to the battery because they added extra at the factory
No **** sherlock, why do you think most sealed batts have a pressure relief valve? What do you think those small knobs on top of an Optima are for?

Stop trying to teach me facts about batts, there is not much you can learn from google that I don't know already from real-world experience.

Ya, its true, I have a personal vendetta, I don't like people that can't admit when they are wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RE_XXX

Banned
RE_XXX
Green River, Wyo
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from