Battery Isolators

Participant count
  • Participant list
I don't use one. I had looked into it when I first got all my batteries, and after researching it, I went without one.

Just try and use the same type of batteries.

(I bought mine at the same time, from the same place, hooked em up in my truck, then hooked a charger up to em. I hook up the charger overnight about once every month or two. Had em for about 18 months, and couldn't be happier)

Also, from what I understood, maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the only advantage of a isolator is for when you're using a buncha batteries, and maybe one goes bad, so the rest will try and keep it up, and it will slowly drain the batteires, so the isolator will stop the battery under your hood from dying. So, the more batteries you ad, the more a chance a cell could go bad and drain you're system, but, in my eyes, what're the odds of a cell going bad?

I went with Shuriken batteries, only because I was so limited on the space I could use, and the batteries I used fit perfectly in the space I had to offer.

I got a 270amp DC alternator as well.

What amp you using?

You got some 1/0 wire ran to it?

Big 3 done?

Ya i am all wired up nice 0 gauge and big three and then some lol all soldered copper lugs on all conections. I got a kicker 1500.1 old school amp on sub and 400.4 new kicker on the rest not doing to bad on one battery and stock alt but its my work truck so i cant risk having problems while i am working cuz of my stereo lol thats kinda why i wanted the isolator to so i dont ever end up with a dead battery I am kinda over kill on wireing but if i bump up in power ever i dont gotta do it all over

Oh ya i think my alt is only 100 amp seems to be workin ok but again i dont want to over work it so it dies when i am out in the middle of nowhere ya know ? how much was that alt ? 3 or 4 hundred ?

Yea, maybe a isolator wouldn't be a bad idea, like you said, being a work truck, would blow to explain to your boss you're stuck somewhere with a dead battery because of your stereo. I'm sure it's a low risk factor, I doubt you would have any issues, but, ya never know...

I actually don't remember how much my alternator was, I got it at a good price, I lucked out and found someone local (either from here or another forum) who was selling it, I wanna say around $250 cuz it was slightly used and I went to him to pick it up. Depending on your vehicle, but I would expect around that, 350ish...

If u are planning to bump with the engine off a lot then an isolator should be installed, otherwise i wouldnt use one.... But if it makes you sleep better then go for it

Anyone know what size I need ? what is the amp size of the Isolator refuring to, the charge your alt puts out or the current your pulling Thru it and if its that then

Watts= voltage x amperage I have a 1500.1 and a 400.4 1900=12x158.33333333 and I think thats kind of a high number but better on the safe side . So I think I need a 160 -200 amp isolater ? Anyone know if this sound right or more importantly wrong ?

I dont use an isolator, one of my battery died and drained the other 2, but all i did was jump start the suv and it turned on, drove to a battery place, replace the dead one and no more issue again.

the only reason i would use isolator is if i run my stereo when the car is off which i never do

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
ChaseinBass
Calif
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from