Battery Selection

I sold it. Bought it back stupid cheap($50) and then sold it again stupid cheap($50) cause I had no use for it.... Should have kept it lol
Heck ya I would have bought it for 50 bucks lol , They went up a little on price well same price just no free shipping I may add another under the hood currently I have two automotive AGM under the hood.

do the big 3 upgrade.. welding cable or ofc atleast 1/0 size

sams club has duracell agms for good price. made by east penn

wouldnt hurt to check your wiring also mostly ground(s)

if you have deep pockets northstar bats are the way to go

Wow. Good to come back and see some great suggestions.

I guess I'm cutting out the optimas.

What about Exide batteries? Anybody have any experience with them?

You might get lucky and get a good one but in my experience Optima battery quality has gone into the crapper. I used to swear by them but I have had six fail on me in various different vehicles. I'll never buy another one again.
There's a huge thread about Optima on CACO or if a search was done on Google it might bring up a link.

OP, long story short, Optima's buildhouse/assembly of the batteries was moved to Mexico, out of the states. The reason they fail faster is because the plates they use inside isn't virgin lead. Therefor, they last shorter times, than the o/s Optima's. Not only that but have also seen a huge increase on pricing on them around me, about 220 bucks new.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Selvos

Selvos
Europa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Selvos