Best 15 for 3.5 cubes

WOW! I just checked out FICARAUDIO.COM and I am quite supprised that more people havent jumped on them. Seems like very professional company. Those subs look good, but I am still trying to find a set of 4 12's that will compare to the Type-Rs for under 500 shipped. Those that i would think compare to the Rs are like 189 shipped each. Thats 756 Shipped. Not in my budget.
Kickass products though.

I work hard for my money and it should work hard for me.
they are brand new.

trust me, there will be a lot of work for them in the near future.

Well i have heard good things about the sidewinders but the R's have been very effective in more than one setup so i would probably go with the R's. They have been tried and tested plenty of times in many different installs and they have always performed well. Build a good enclosure and they will pound. How much power you putting on each sub?
Thanks bro, I think I will be giving each one about 700-800watts rms. My amp says "2000rms at 1/2 ohm stereo per channel "and i dont believe it will do that. I am thinkin It will do more like 1500-1600. Just being real about it.

my bad did you mean 350-400 for both subs or for each. As far as 2 15's or 4 10's for sq purposes plus it has more cone area i would go with the 4 10's they will be more precise and accurate but they will not be able to drop as low as 15's. And most of the 15's mentioned have good sq, except the MTX it is not the greatest. But it depends on the install.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
It is easier for the 15s to produce low bass notes, but have more cone area to move. The 10s have less cone to move and have a quicker response and produce a more accurate sound.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

It is easier for the 15s to produce low bass notes, but have more cone area to move. The 10s have less cone to move and have a quicker response and produce a more accurate sound.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.
That is correct if your comparing driver to driver....however if you have enough numbers smaller drivers can produce low freqencies just as well as their big brothers. Just remember bass is about moving air, the more cone area you have the louder it will be. 2 15s do have more cone area though...you would have to have 5 tens to beat the cone area of 2 15s...

So your saying that it would take 5 10s would be able to get as loud as 2 15s, same make/model.

I am not sure about this, but why does it seem to be that larger cones carry sound farther than smaller cone size speakers?

Would 5 10s be able to carry sound as far as 2 15s?

So your saying that it would take 5 10s would be able to get as loud as 2 15s, same make/model.
I am not sure about this, but why does it seem to be that larger cones carry sound farther than smaller cone size speakers?

Would 5 10s be able to carry sound as far as 2 15s?
Its completely install dependant...but if they are the same make and model, then technically speaking yes the 5 10s should move as much or more air. The reason 2 15s may still be a tad louder is because of phasing (more cones, less sync between them), as well as lower FS (usually) which is why the 15s tend to get lower. You wont notice a huge difference though...

you're wrong...10s are not more accurate than 15s. It is completely driver dependent.

The inductance of the voice coil (lower Le) determines the speed of the cone, not Mms/Bl (weight/motor strength).

I saw a video with 1 AudioQue HD 15" sub that was lifting up the box even after it was bolted down several times.. those things can pound bro I was considering getting 1 but than I went with the SX 18"

you're wrong...10s are not more accurate than 15s. It is completely driver dependent.
The inductance of the voice coil (lower Le) determines the speed of the cone, not Mms/Bl (weight/motor strength).
If you were reffering to me...read my posts again...i never mentioned anything about speed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.