Best 5.25 comps and coaxials under $100?

Suicide Bobb
5,000+ posts

SPLC Fails
I'm thinking PG RSD's are the best choice, but I figured I'd ask you guys before my buddy gets 'em. His fronts are 5.25 comps, his rear doors are 5.25 coaxials, and he has tweeters in the rear (stock speaker placements for a 97 Volvo 850R). He doesn't want harsh speakers, so any metal dome tweeters are probably a big no-no.

I would say to look into the Pioneer TS-D1320C, sonicelectronix.com has them for 94.99 and I personally think they have a smoother tweeter and fair mid bass compared to the rsd's. The reason everybody is into the rsd's is because they have very good mid bass at there price point, but the pioneers are clearly more detailed and a well rounded set, all subjective of course. Caraudiomag.com has a decent write up on both so check that out to help decide. good luck.

I would say to look into the Pioneer TS-D1320C, sonicelectronix.com has them for 94.99 and I personally think they have a smoother tweeter and fair mid bass compared to the rsd's. The reason everybody is into the rsd's is because they have very good mid bass at there price point, but the pioneers are clearly more detailed and a well rounded set, all subjective of course. Caraudiomag.com has a decent write up on both so check that out to help decide. good luck.
You know, I'm very glad you told me about these. I can guarantee my buddy would be more for the detailed, warmer tweeter than the midbass. Plus, I love how those Pioneers look. I have never cared for any of Pioneer's speakers except for their higher end models.

You live in Vancouver, eh? PM me and maybe we can meet up sometime! You seem to be pretty knowledgeable about car audio, which is unusual for people around our area! (I'm in Camas btw).

I couldn't find the caraudiomag writeup on them :/ Can you shoot me a link by chance?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.