best 8? RF vs RE vs MTX

rl-i8, e8, and dd 1008 or 1508s, or even the old RE8 (not REx) should be also considered.

I really don't like the way the punch series subs sound either

budget is $200shipped..

never looked into the rl-i.. i like the RE's best out of the 3 honestly, im not really worried about looks.. just SQ and ability to get loud when neeeded

P2's sounded very muddy, Wife had 3 of them in her BMW Convertable.

We ended up selling those and going with 3 L7 8" subs, Got rather loud but still not clean. I believe it had to do with the car being a convertable, Not the best acustical car to judge.

If you can find some E8's or DD 1008's those would work really well.

If you want power hungery 8" drivers there are the Fosgate HX2, SoundSplinter, DD 1508's

i heard 4 mtx 5500s inverted in a fiberglass console box that sounded terrible.. im blaming it on install

also heard 4 re-re's that were amazing on 800watts

i was impressed by 2 P2 10s in a friends car so these seem very logical to buy also

I would love the DD 1508s but they are power hungry drivers and a lil bit more than i wanna pay

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.