Best Buy Returns

foomasta69
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
wellll my friend baught a pair of subs off best buy brand new, had them for about 3 days now and is going to return them, one of them has a small slit in it, what is the chances these people are going to know, at bestbuy do the test the subs and stuff er what?

this is a little off topic, but somewhat on topic maybe...

How does the warranty work. I never had any problems with any of my gear because I just got into car audio about 5 or 6 months ago... but does warranty cover stupidity? Like if I just blow my subs because I was being dumb, can I return them or what?

this is a little off topic, but somewhat on topic maybe...
How does the warranty work. I never had any problems with any of my gear because I just got into car audio about 5 or 6 months ago... but does warranty cover stupidity? Like if I just blow my subs because I was being dumb, can I return them or what?
most places only warranty certain parts and not others. like voice coils , not usually covered . broken tinsels not usually covered. so no stupidity wont be covered either. and far as I know best buy tests subs and amps if you want to return or exchange them.

I've had very good experiences returning stuff to Best Buy. Even computer hardware. It could be specific to the BB in my area, could be standard procedure.

I have a Jensen JXP 460 with the reciept and 4 year warranty slip. I wonder if they would take it now that they don't sell Jensen anymore? =p Trade it in for one of those CEA 2006 compliant Dual amps.

I have a Jensen JXP 460 with the reciept and 4 year warranty slip. I wonder if they would take it now that they don't sell Jensen anymore? =p Trade it in for one of those CEA 2006 compliant Dual amps.

Blow it up, and take it back....They will have to give you an amp of at least the same price...Or you could probably put in a little cash and come home with a nice upgrade.

My friend and I bought a 9845 from BBY. His dad was screwing the chassis into the sleeve and the screw bent the chassis and pushed the entire laser, etc. over to where it couldnt read CD's. We took it back and all they did was look at it.So his dad's error = lesson and new 9845. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif No testing. But yet again the damage was UNDER the sleeve so you couldnt see at first glance...

haha with my first system, ihad the 2 year warranty at circuit city. i blew 15 of those frickin infinity reference series subs....with 250 rms goin to each...still baffles me, but they took them back every single time. all of them with blown coils/snapped tinsel leads. it was good stuff, then they threatened to 'take away' my warranty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

lol hell yea the people dont have a clue what there talking about and there prices are outragious
x2billion total morons //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE EXTENDED SERVICE PLAN OR YOU ARE SOL.

BestBuy is very good with returns under the 30 day period hell i've returned $5000.00 laptops...

With bestbuy service plan they will instantly swap your broken stuff with new stuff. Only once tho after that one time all they will do is send the second busted product in for repair.

if they do not have the product in stock or stopped selling it and you have the extended service plan you can convince them to swap it for the same type of product of same or slightly higher cost.

When you return the subs they may ask someone from car audio to take a look to see that you have everything that came in the box. They are very anal about that.

if you dont have the boxes, manuals etc.. expect major hassles and maybe no return.

Also if they call someone from car audio that person may examine the subs and notice the "slit" sooo who knows it's worth a shot...

what are they gonna do? call the cops? the key is if they notice the slit just play dumb and say **** like "WTF IS THIS!?!? NO WONDER THESE SUBS ****IN ****"

just make sure you are stubborn and firm and dont let them talk you into taking another sub of the same model/brand without a "slit"....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...