Best Buy Returns

Ok, sometimes I wonder why you people insist on this whole "Wreck it and get a new one" philosophy.

[story]

Where I work, an 8 pound bag of ice is a $1.39. When I came across a sales slip, I was the store bought them for $0.65 cents apiece. The company that makes the ice has to take back and replace about 30% of their products for "defects". These defects mostly come from the buyers complaining that their bag of ice has something incredibly stupid wrong with it. Tiny hole in the bag, the ice is one big block (which means you punch the ****ing bag really hard to break it up, morons), the outside of the plastic bag the ice is in is dirty, just really dumb stuff that in no way affects how the ice does what ice does. About 5% have real ice effecting defects.

The company makes the bag of ice for $0.32 apiece, adds 30% to compensate for these wastes, and then 20% to make a living. The store then marks it up 110% because not only do they have to hassle with ice company about "defective" merchandise, but they also have to apologize and waste time making the upset customer happy, and pay me to dump out the perfectly good ice, and waste a lot of hot water to turn the perfectly good ice into perfectly good water that goes down a drain, and then to restock the ice shelf with another perfectly good bag of ice someone might or might not ***** over.

Same goes for every storefront that sells 12v electronics. If I blow up my Jensen within the 18 months left on the warranty, I will return it. But I'm not gonna try to blow it up with anything more than the usual abuse I give it. That's just another $100 that BB has to push on everyone else.

[/story]

haha with my first system, ihad the 2 year warranty at circuit city. i blew 15 of those frickin infinity reference series subs....with 250 rms goin to each...still baffles me, but they took them back every single time. all of them with blown coils/snapped tinsel leads. it was good stuff, then they threatened to 'take away' my warranty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Our warranty is sweet on subs. As long as it doesn't have a hole in it, we'll give you a new one. It's a direct swap out.

this is a little off topic, but somewhat on topic maybe...

How does the warranty work. I never had any problems with any of my gear because I just got into car audio about 5 or 6 months ago... but does warranty cover stupidity? Like if I just blow my subs because I was being dumb, can I return them or what?
Yes, you can return the sub(s) as long as it or them are still under the factory warranty.

I've had very good experiences returning stuff to Best Buy. Even computer hardware. It could be specific to the BB in my area, could be standard procedure.

I have a Jensen JXP 460 with the reciept and 4 year warranty slip. I wonder if they would take it now that they don't sell Jensen anymore? =p Trade it in for one of those CEA 2006 compliant Dual amps.
They might but, don't get a Dual Amp, they are made from cheap parts, that's why Walmart sells them. You'd be better off getting a Kicker amp or Alpine amp. Almost anything is better. Or go to Down4Sound.com and get a custom made JP amp or any fine amp sold on the website.

What in the actual fuck...

really.jpg

Last edited:
They might but, don't get a Dual Amp, they are made from cheap parts, that's why Walmart sells them. You'd be better off getting a Kicker amp or Alpine amp. Almost anything is better. Or go to Down4Sound.com and get a custom made JP amp or any fine amp sold on the website.
Is this the guy that wants to sign your sh!t to add deebeez?

Damn...I need to get get my toilet seat signed...I. trying to meter at 145 on the John 🙈🤣

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...