Best comps for factory power under $200? Maximo, Dieci or Auditor?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Just upgraded to a new Jetta SEL luxury. Awesome car from the looks, to the features, to the tech to the gas mileage. Clearly, the “premium” Beats system isn’t the best. I think the processing is pretty decent. It puts out decent power and has a fair amount of mids, highs and lows. It just has the same paper 6.5 woofer and cheap tweets found in the base stereo. The doors also rattle like a mofo so I need to deaden them. Aside from that, I need a good sounding set of 6.5 comps that sound clean on lower power. I’m trying to keep it under $200. I’ve seen the Hertz Dieci series, Morel Maximos and Focal Auditor. I’m sure there are better options out there but a lot of them crave higher power and I don’t feel like amping the speakers anytime soon. What are your recs?

Just upgrading speakers aint gonna do much and you will more than likely be unhappy with lack of bass response due to lack of power....your factory speakers will more than likely have better midbass response, just deadening the doors will give you better results than swapping speakers.....but then again what do I know

Just upgrading speakers aint gonna do much and you will more than likely be unhappy with lack of bass response due to lack of power....your factory speakers will more than likely have better midbass response, just deadening the doors will give you better results than swapping speakers.....but then again what do I know
you Think the paper ones will have better midbass? Is it because they’re specifically tuned to those?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.