Best Double Din Unit for 99 Camaro

I have a 99 Camaro and I want to upgrade the head unit in my car. I want to spend up to $300 for a unit. Doesn't have to be new I just want a decent unit. As for features I'm looking for GPS/Nav, Bluetooth, 32GB SD Card support, SD Cards Playlist support. aux, USB. The unit I have now has everything but the GPS/Nav but it's a terrible unit and the shop that installed it kind of screwed mover. What unit do you guys suggest? Also a very important thing I'd like on the unit is a standard volume knob. I don't like to have to push a button to raise the volume.

Yeah it already has a double din now but It really really *****. When I bought the car the previous owner had the dash cut. Not to mention he cut off the the A/C to get the unit to fit properly.

I have a 99 Camaro and I want to upgrade the head unit in my car. I want to spend up to $300 for a unit. Doesn't have to be new I just want a decent unit. As for features I'm looking for GPS/Nav, Bluetooth, 32GB SD Card support, SD Cards Playlist support. aux, USB. The unit I have now has everything but the GPS/Nav but it's a terrible unit and the shop that installed it kind of screwed mover. What unit do you guys suggest? Also a very important thing I'd like on the unit is a standard volume knob. I don't like to have to push a button to raise the volume.
to get the standard round volume knob you can only get the 6.5 inch and below, if im not mistaken all 7 inch double dins will not have the knob. gl

The navigation requirement is instantly killing your $300 budget. The 32 GB SD card requirement is tough to fill regardless of price. The Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS will do 32 GB SD cards, but you have to provide navigation through an iPhone/iPod or compatible Android device. However, that doesn't have a volume knob.

You can get a volume knob on the Clarion NX602, plus it has navigation, but it won't provide the SD card slot. Kenwood and Alpine also don't appear to offer an SD card slot.

I have a Clarion VX409 double din and Clarion NP509 Navigation with it and its perfect. A bit out of your range seeing as the lowest ill go is 450 shipped. Both are discontinued but together were $1100 new.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.