Best HID Plug N Play KIt

Personally, I'd stay away from the junk on ebay and the junk in that link and order a good kit. Apexcone, Philips (depends on what bulbs your housing are) Volt aren't bad. Those are the brands i've used/owned and I wouldn't waste my $ on crap kits. Then again if they're going in a reflector housing or a setup with crap projectors they all look bad.
X2

HIDs in a reflector housing produce more glare than usable light.

ummmmmm a proper retrofit
Yup, best solution! Use OEM parts (projectors, ballast, bulbs...) Can get costly, but results will be OEM HID quality!

Had a TSX retro on my last 6th Gen Accord, now I need 1K to get a TL retro for my 7th Gen Accord:)

i got a group by for $65 a pair with lifetime warranty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Why would i pay 124 for them, when they are 55 bucks here:
http://www.ddmtuning.com/ap55wwesa.html
couldn't tell you, other than I know the guys at RPM and can walk in to get swaps if I need them. Plus it's 70 after changing to 55w, and after shipping I would be spending 85 bucks. So yeah it may cost me 15 bucks more but if I need warranty work I send something off to Apexcone with DDM instead of walking into a store where the owner knows me by name and saying "Hey Donny my D2s 8000K bulb just went out can you get me another one" and he walks to the back and I'm out of there with a new bulb/ballast.

p.s.- Just noticed that for a D2S/R bulb its actually 109 shipped compared to the 99.95 i paid so yeah it was actually cheaper but hey if you want to spend more be my guest.

retro-solutions is better than those cheap ass one on ebay i payed the price for those junky ones. sure they were $80 bux shipped they worked great for a week and the converter box went out and not to mention when the HIDS were on it killed my radio signal. i now have the retro-solutions 10k brillant blue, never had any probs since $170 shipped
10k is purple not blue but still looks sexy as hell. I did a retro on my 6 with TSX swaps and love it. 55w 8000k kit looks like a 6000k kit and I have the same kit in my lower fogs. Gotta love all that HID sexyness.

X2
HIDs in a reflector housing produce more glare than usable light
thats what i didnt know b4 i spent the $$$ to get a set... then an better more expenxive set, still wasnt happy!! this is what ppl need to know b4 buy them. it mite look cool but you wont have much light on the road.. :~

I was told by my car's previous owner he got his HIDs from here: http://www.mod-express.com I've had no issues for the last 6months.

They have a groupbuy/sale going on over at the Zilvia forums. Enter promo code zilvia and you get $70 off a conversion kit. It was working as of 1/28, dunno when its ending. Please only use HIDs with the proper LEFT HAND DRIVE projectors, I'm tired of being blinded by cheap ebay plastic headlights and HIDs or japanese and euro projectors that have the wrong cutoff.

I was told by my car's previous owner he got his HIDs from here: http://www.mod-express.com I've had no issues for the last 6months.
They have a groupbuy/sale going on over at the Zilvia forums. Enter promo code zilvia and you get $70 off a conversion kit. It was working as of 1/28, dunno when its ending. Please only use HIDs with the proper LEFT HAND DRIVE projectors, I'm tired of being blinded by cheap ebay plastic headlights and HIDs or japanese and euro projectors that have the wrong cutoff.
Even the wrong cut off isn't as bad as a reflector housing. Most morons here just want that blue color so they buy HID's for reflectors. Everyone who rides in my car at night is like "wtf how are your headlights so dang bright but they don't blind me when i'm in front of you?". All that prompts me to tell them is b/c they're idiots who put HID's in headlight housings that weren't designed for it. Sadly if people who inspect wanted to any car with HID's in a reflector housing could fail inspection (at least in texas) as HID's are only supposed to be in headlight housings designed for them.

you have to stair step the left one from the right one making sure the beam doesnt go past the other cars door handle or a little below as they pass you ,thats the best i can explain it

even though my japanese car doesnt have the frosted lense projector,only the clear projector,there is such a thing called aiming them correctly lol
Mazda 3 that is built in Japan for US distribution is not a japanese right hand drive designed projetor housing. you can't aim a cut-off to change how it was designed lol. It's like pulling your left projector and swapping it with your right projector, the cut off will be bass ackwards.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.