best place for paint job

king ranch
5,000+ posts

Banned
fl
just wondering where is the best place to get a whole new repaint for a 2001 f150 same color as it is currently, not wanting to spend a arm and a leg but want a decent paint job with nice clear coat and not a dull looking paint job, got a estimate at ford today and they want alot of money more than i could think it would cost to paint.

so if you ever got your car painted post where and how much and how good of a job it is and how long it has lasted

like 1k bucks only to do just the back passanger panel repaint and to do the front driver panel repaint, someone keyed it and it cant be buffed out, and the tailgate might be able to be buffed just depends. and then another 150-250 for buffing other minor scratches from tree branches and stuff like that and from a dog scratching the side of the truck

i used to take very good care of the truck but after someone keyed it i figured wtf and took it through orange groves and the woods so the tree scratches can be buffed out since they are only in the clear coat

a big amount of dealers don't have their own body shop they usually sublet it to a body shop like we work with a Toyota vw and dodge dealerships in our area they charge 10% over our price and all they do is call us to pick up the car .

if u decide maaco, check some of their previous works. Some are a lot worst than others. My last shop did straight paint starting @399. And 1000 could get u set up pretty fat. Look around and see if there are any production paint shops in your area.

haha yea i figured 1k bucks was steep for only two panels and plus its a 2001 and i know it wont match since the rest has naturally had some type of fading to the paint over 8 years you know so if insurance cuts me a check for the 1k bucks i am thinking of putting that towards a whole repaint, ford did have something a few months ago for a whole repaint for like 800 bucks or something it shouldnt cost alot since i am gonna get the same color so no need to paint all the jams and all the corners and stuff, would like a diff color but thats too much money

and i live in florida so if anyone knos a good place in southwest florida let me know

thanks

I do custom paint work and the old adage,,,you get what you pay for...The shops in the area here get from 3000-4000 for a good paint job,,,paint went thru the roof with epa regulations.

I do custom paint work and the old adage,,,you get what you pay for...The shops in the area here get from 3000-4000 for a good paint job,,,paint went thru the roof with epa regulations.
u r so right the shop i work at barely makes a profit on paint . and know we just switched to water born paint

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.