Best place to put dynamat

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm curious if I only line my trunk lid in dynamat if that would change anything in my sound quality? I have 2 rocksford t1d410s running around 1200w rms and thing rattle quite a bit. stage only reason I want a small amount is that I like my fast lightweight car and don't want to drive a tank around.

What do you drive that's fast?

The trunk will help. Try putting some soft materials like ensolite in between panels too. And put a sponge or something behind your license plate. That's a super easy fix for that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I did part of an old phone book behind my liscens plate quieted if down quite a bit and depending on the age of your vehicle you might be able to tighten down the latch for the trunk

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

I have a supercharged and fully built 95 Jetta.

5794b16454d2d9d5ad4ce810875b3d54.jpg

b87f509636543824bb08dfea9bb34513.jpg

2f4d17cad8525ad87a9430cad687bd79.jpg

06ae8d7dcfb4abee0fc85a0086ba0854.jpg

Dynamat and other cld tiles reduce panel resonance. If you have some put it in the center of large flat segments of panel for most efficient use. You don't need full coverage, especially if you don't want to add to much weight.

Check out SDS, they discuss how to treat each area in a car individually: http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/vehicle-area-treatments

Rattles come from two objects banging together. You need to keep them from moving, or at least put something shift between them to keep them separate. Close cell foam weatherstripping foam is a godsend. You can find it in rolls at your hardware store for a few bucks. Find a rattle, peel the back of the foam off, stick it between the two things and marvel at how easy that was. If you have license plate rattle put some on the back of the plate. When i did a sedan build with the subs in the trunk i realized there was a big rattle at the latch. Wrap some of this foam around the bar where it latches and it'll keep the hood from jumping around and prevent the rattle at the latch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.